“Very good!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: At Zin, our menu offers a mix of familiar favorites from classic American fare and original creations inspired by regional specialties. Our menu changes often and reflects our commitment to seasonal food. Our food is prepared from local ingredients showcasing the best of what our region has to offer.
San Diego
“Very good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2008

Had reservation for 8 and we were seated immediately. The restaurant is fairly small but so are all others in downtown Healdsburg. The service was great and the menu had many great choices. The special was grouper and it was outstanding. The hanger steak was best I have ever had in my life and should not be missed by a steak lover. The wine list was extensive and some local wines were a great value and not marked up like most restaurants.

We almost went here a 2nd time but could not make it. We cannot wait until we visit Healdsburg again so that we can eat at Zin.

Fair Oaks, CA
“Watch out, service is bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2008

You will see several reviews here that talk about "spotty service" and we had the ultimate example of that on 1-26-08. We made a reservation 3 weeks in advance and yet had to wait for 20 minutes for our table. Then after ordering and seeing others, who had arrived previously, served only appetizers and salads, we waited one (1) hour and still no food had arrived! When it did arrive, the macaroni side was cold and had to be reheated, making us eat 1/2 our meal while we waited another 10 minutes! The food was average at best.

When the manager came over, she wanted to bring us an appetizer as a "comp" even though we didn't want one originally! She followed that with an excuse about the cook and blaming my girlfriend for not ordering her salad separately!

We ended up paying for the drinks, tipping the waiter generously as it wasn't his fault, and leaving completely unsatisfied. So, while the mess they called food and service was "comped" I would never go back again....so watch out for this place! It appears that if it is "on" (which is spotty as other folks point out) it sounds fine, and if not, you may have a horror story to tell like we did!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It was one of my favs until Jeff removed himself from the kitchen and began expediting.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2007

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Northern California
“excellent choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

What a great restaurant! Excellent Food! Excellent Atmosphere! I took my mother to dinner before the Ray Manzarek show at the Raven, we didn't have a reservation (which i would highly recommend), however, we lucked out! A table for 2 was late, and the hostess suggested we wait around for 5 minutes to see if the party of 2 wasn't going to show. They didn't show up in time! How wonderful for us! They dinner/wine was excellent. Not only was the food delicious, the presentation was cool too! I highly recommend this restaurant, just make sure you make a reservation.

Huntington Beach, California
“Good relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2007

We thought this was a good place for lunch. Not a fancy restaurant at all. A small relaxed cafe with good friendly service.
Funky "distressed" furnishings. I had a really good homemade soup and my companion had a huge salad. Good sourdough bread was served.

If you are looking for "fine dining" in a fancy room this is not your place. But it's great for a good casual meal.

We asked for a inexpensive wine by the glass and the server recommended an excellent Spanish wine that was about $5 per glass. I appreciated that he didn't try to push a more expensive wine.

1 Thank LSCats