“average at best”

Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: At Zin, our menu offers a mix of familiar favorites from classic American fare and original creations inspired by regional specialties. Our menu changes often and reflects our commitment to seasonal food. Our food is prepared from local ingredients showcasing the best of what our region has to offer.
wesley chapel, fl
“average at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We swore we would never go back after last year, but we tried again. At least this time they did not close early as last year. The food is average at best. The service leaves much to be desired. The server came to the table to take our order. Someone else served our meal. He came back later and gave us or check and asked if we wanted dessert at the same time. I do not see what the "rave" is with this place. We will NOT be back in the fall.

• Visited February 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Rip Off Artist At Work”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

We ate here one night in Feb 2011, and enjoyed it. My WHOLE LEAF ROMAINE SALAD
and COQ AU ZIN were excellent. The APPLEWOOD SMOKED NATURAL PORK CHOP she had was a bit too smoky for my taste, and she said it was a bit dry, but not inedible. The Martini Sonoma Cab at $27 was most reasonable and tasty. The service was friendly and the atmosphere casaul yet attractive.

The next night we tried to get into Scopa without reservations, it being only 6pm on a Monday night in the winter. No luck, it was a hour wait for a table, even half an hour to sit at the bar.. So we went back to Zin, which had plenty of open tables. We split a plateful of Caeser salad, and this time she had the Chicken, and I had the seared Ahi tuna..This time every plate was excellent, but the service.....

I ordered the Martini Cab again, and just barley stopped the waiter in time to keep him from opening the Gallo Cab, which as $13 more than what I ordered. Ok, mistakes happen, right? Then we got the bill, and guess what? Yes, we were charged for the Gallo, but we were ALSO charged for the Martini Cab. Which made the total bill 40% higher than it should have been. When I flagged down the waiter, he knew immediately what the problem was. But without any apology at all, for the 2 mistakes now, he just laughed it off. Some joke, trying to charge me an extra $40.

But it was what came next that really astounded me. Instead of going to the computer, re-entering our orders, and perhaps getting a manager to approve the changes...he just picked up a correct bill, already made up, and brought it to the table. They had two bills waiting, and if we went for the first one, they got an extra $40, plus tax and tip. But if we complained, no problem, just give us the correct bill, and assume when they did the switch, we wouldn't even notice. We'd just think it was an honest mastake.

I'm not saying don't eat here, I'm not even saying we won't go there again, although what little we saw of Scopa has us determined to make reservations next time.

Just hold onto your wallet, be sure to check the wine before they open it, and WATCH YOUR BILL !

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank Gemutlich2
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Delicious and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

We really enjoyed this restaurant from beginning to end. The decor is really pleasant and even with concrete walls it wasn't loud. The wait service was actually perfect (and I am an ex-waitress so I know). The food - aaaah. Fresh, great flavors, lovely presentation. The wines (recommended by waiter) were yummy. If you like Zinfandel this is a must do, even if you don't, it's worth it.

Visited January 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Always enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

We've made Zin an annual stop on our visit to wine country over the years and the staff does a fine job in serving good food and great wines to its customers. Save room for the "ZINFULLY DECADENT BROWNIE SUNDAE".

• Visited January 2012
Palo Alto, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

We came here for dinner on a Friday night with a reservation and were immediately seated. We had the fried green beans as a starter---just enough fried coating without being too heavy or "fried"-feeling. I had the cassoulet and my husband had the pork chop---both were really yummy and filling.

Visited January 2012