“Second best meal .... ever”
Review of Barndiva

Barndiva
Ranked #9 of 98 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Matheson
Transit: County Transit Bus 60, Healdsburg Plaza
Description: It's hard to describe the Barndiva experience. And a web site is no substitution for being able to sit back and enjoy the beauty of an extraordinary space, the taste of a perfect cocktail, or the satisfaction that comes from a meal that hits all the right notes in you. Barndiva is a celebration of all things local. Our food is sourced from farmers, ranchers and small batch purveyors who live and work in the magnificent food shed surrounding us. Food is our passion. In everything we do, it all starts there. Thanks for visiting.
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Second best meal .... ever”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went on our anniversary. It was expensive. It was fantastic.

We started with the tomato soup, then scallops and salmon, and finished with the "panna cotta". All of the food was so flavorful and fresh tasting!

The service was perfectly paced and we felt like all the staff was pitching in to make sure we had a wonderful dinner. It wasn't quiet but not noisy at all either.

• Visited October 2013

ukiah california, usa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Everything about this restaurant was suburb--the hostesses, the bartender, the server, the relaxed atmosphere, outdoor dining, and of course the food. I went with friends and we shared. The ravioli I had was one of the best ever. One of us were gluten-free and that worked also. It was pricey but worth it--I returned again one subsequent visit.

• Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas, United States
“Barndiiva- local, organic fresh food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Yes, we had the hamburger, which was unique and best ever. Fresh tomatoes, lettuce, etc. made it great. W e will go again and recommend to it to all.

• Visited September 2013
Anna Maria Island, Florida
“best of the best”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

this was our last restaurant meal... 4 days of perfection, frankly we were a little burned out, 30 minutes into our meal and we were on a different planet, congratulations barn diva .. one of our great meals

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank duncananddawn
Seal Beach, California
“Of all the great restaurants in Healdsburg, THIS was my favorite!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

There is no shortage of fine restaurants in Healdsburg, but this one hit all the points for me. First, the food was supurb, and not to be missed are the goat cheese croquettes. If I'd only listened to the manager of our hotel, I'd have ordered an entire plateful, which might have been too much of a good thing, but they did come as part of a really lovely beet salad...yeah, one more beet salad, you're thinking...but this was exceptional, as it consisted of several varieties, some of which were pickled, some roasted, all beautifully presented as a feast for the eyes first, and then the palate was not short-changed (as can sometimes happen, when form triumphs over substance!)

It's so trendy right now to talk of farm-to-table, but that whole concept is truly honored in Healdsburg in general, and especially so at Barndiva. I'm pretty sure if I ever get the chance to go back, I'd order the tasting menu -- having dined here once and having loved every single morsel I was served, I know I'd be happy putting my Barndiva experience in the hands of the extremely talented chef.

Visited September 2013