“best of the best”
Review of Barndiva

Barndiva
Ranked #9 of 96 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Matheson
Transit: County Transit Bus 60, Healdsburg Plaza
Description: It's hard to describe the Barndiva experience. And a web site is no substitution for being able to sit back and enjoy the beauty of an extraordinary space, the taste of a perfect cocktail, or the satisfaction that comes from a meal that hits all the right notes in you. Barndiva is a celebration of all things local. Our food is sourced from farmers, ranchers and small batch purveyors who live and work in the magnificent food shed surrounding us. Food is our passion. In everything we do, it all starts there. Thanks for visiting.
Anna Maria Island, Florida
“best of the best”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

this was our last restaurant meal... 4 days of perfection, frankly we were a little burned out, 30 minutes into our meal and we were on a different planet, congratulations barn diva .. one of our great meals

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank duncananddawn

Seal Beach, California
“Of all the great restaurants in Healdsburg, THIS was my favorite!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

There is no shortage of fine restaurants in Healdsburg, but this one hit all the points for me. First, the food was supurb, and not to be missed are the goat cheese croquettes. If I'd only listened to the manager of our hotel, I'd have ordered an entire plateful, which might have been too much of a good thing, but they did come as part of a really lovely beet salad...yeah, one more beet salad, you're thinking...but this was exceptional, as it consisted of several varieties, some of which were pickled, some roasted, all beautifully presented as a feast for the eyes first, and then the palate was not short-changed (as can sometimes happen, when form triumphs over substance!)

It's so trendy right now to talk of farm-to-table, but that whole concept is truly honored in Healdsburg in general, and especially so at Barndiva. I'm pretty sure if I ever get the chance to go back, I'd order the tasting menu -- having dined here once and having loved every single morsel I was served, I know I'd be happy putting my Barndiva experience in the hands of the extremely talented chef.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Shirley H
New York City, New York
“more diva than barn”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

this was our priciest meal in wine country so that's why i'm being so harsh with the score. the food WAS really good, i'm just not sure the price matched. the filet was awesome. it came with these tiny ricotta gnocchi that were stellar. my dungeness crab appetizer was good. i had the swordfish for dinner and it was also good. the dessert was really good, too. if you are still reading this and are confused because i'm saying the food was great but i'm only giving it 3 out of 5 then read on.

the place was stuffy. there is a $25 corkage fee, which is ridiculous for wine country IMO, so we brought one bottle and ordered one from them since they will wave the fee with each bottle you purchase from them. the sommelier served both whites at the same time so we could compare them. i'm not a wine snob and we were there to enjoy our wine with dinner, not experiment to see whose wine is better. we even asked him to stop halfway through the pour (we were confused!) and he continued and said that that's the way they do things around there. again, maybe that's the way things are done there but we weren't into it. the bar service was a bit slow but hey, it's california (i'm a new yorker). overall, i wasn't blown away. i think i'd go back if it wasn't so pricey but my advice to you is skip it. there are so many other excellent restaurants that are worth the money.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank jessmott
Chico, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My favorite crab sandwich of all times! Great location, menu, and atmosphere. This is one of my favorite places to go when in the Sonoma area.

• Visited December 2012
Wrightwood, CA
“Gorgeous and delicious”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Great tasting food, very good wine and gorgeous presentation. A well thought out and executed menu. I'll be back with more people. Bravo.

• Visited October 2013