“Nice Seafood Resturant”

Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar
Ranked #5 of 99 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North St.
Description: Located just north of the town square in downtown Healdsburg, the East Coast and South America meet Wine Country at Willi's Sea-food & Raw Bar. The inviting vibrant decor and an exten-sive list of small plates combine with the eclectic seasonal cocktail menu and wide-ranging wine list to make visitors feel right at home. Designed for sharing, the menu features items ranging from New England Style "Rolls" and Latin-inspired skewers to ceviches and tar-tares. The chef's raw bar features an ever-changing selection of fresh seafood, including at least eight varieties of fresh oysters.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you want a relaxed atmosphere with good food, this is the place. The seafood is really good! The patio is a ncie spot if the weather is ncie.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Is a pleasant casual restaurant. The food was pretty good, the service was pretty good as well as the atmosphere. I rated it a "3" and that is what I thought of it. We had lunch not dinner so cannot rate dinner. If you find yourself wanting to have lunch in Healdsburg then you cannot go wrong here, there may be better places, i just do not know what they are in this case. It is not the best by any means but not bad either.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had a great time! Tried a couple of different oysters and the Virginica (sp?) are to die for.
Will definitely be back!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I came here with a group of 12 people after an entire day of wine tasting. I was disappointed in the beginning because I didn't know that they turned into a small plate restaurant. I haven't been here in 4 years... or has it always been? Anyway, we decided to order 1 plate each of different variety in the menu and then share. I have to say that everyone in our group enjoyed all our food so we ended up ordering more food. Some plates have more food than the others. Like expect to get less food if you order a crab cake or scallops and get more food if you order a fish tacos or a 'po boy. The only dish I wasn't thrilled with is the roasted beet salad. Everything else we ordered were delicious. The staff was very friendly. Service was good. Ambiance is fun. Our food came out timely.
These are some of the plates we ordered and really enjoyed:
- Grilled fish tacos
- Salt and Pepper Baby Back Ribs
- Dungeness Crab Cake
- Flash Fried Calamari
- Wrapped Scallops
- Crispy Pork Belly
- Crispy Oyster 'Po Boy
We also ordered desserts. The banana split and creme brulee were divine!

I will absolutely visit Willie's again if I am in the area.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had high expectations of Willis since family and friends had recommended it. I was disappointed. I went with a friend who waxed enthusiastic about the lobster roll. I found the lobster roll to be excessively salty, and dripping with a watery liquid which soaked the bun in an unpleasant way. When we asked the waiter for water, he inquired if we wanted tap water or bottled water. We asked if the tap water was filtered. "No." he said. We asked why an otherwise estimable restaurant would not bother to filter their water. "Oh, we're in Healdsburg." he said. "The water is really good here." This line may work on tourists, but my friend and I both live in Healdsburg, and the city water is rank with chlorine and other chemicals. How can a (presumably) fine seafood restaurant not bother to filter their water? Maybe they just want to sell more bottled water at $7 a bottle. The staff was impeccably courteous, although after the water question they clearly considered us to be troublemakers. The prices are high, and the experience was disappointing. I am glad my family and friends enjoy this restaurant, but I will not be a repeat customer.

2  Thank HealdsburgTravelista