“Excellent location”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Mateo, California
“Excellent location”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Within walking distance to Downtown Healdsburg and around the corner from both a market and a winery collective. Nice room with hardwood floors and a flat screen TV. Good bed and a GREAT price. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jaynie Q
abvishealdsburg, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Jaynine,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience staying at our property.
Thank you and we hope to see you real soon.
Kam.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife & I decided to come through & stay in Healdsburg at 6pm on New Years Eve with no reservations. We chose to stay here over other known hotels available in Windsor & Santa Rosa. We weren't disappointed. The unit was clean, the bed decent, had a flat screen, was close to downtown & under $90 with NO RESERVATIONS! The young desk attendant let us preview the room with no reservations after I told her of the negative reviews I had read & was very cheerful & accommodating. When I called the office after 10pm for tv operating instructions she cheerfully talked me through my lameness. A delightfully unexpected stay. Great value for us on all levels.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bigbullfrog
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you choosing our property for your stay in Healdsburg. We continually strive to offer the best overall value to our guests and have earned a loyal customer base. We hope you will choose us again for your future stay in Healdsburg.
Thank you.
Larkspur, CA
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed only one night and chose it because of the price and location--both very good. It was clean and decently furnished. However, the TV did not work and since it was after the office was closed at night, I didn't have anyone to call about it. this was not major, tho, as I rarely watch tv anyway. also free wifi was advertised, but it required a password which was never given to me and when I checked in I neglected to ask for it. again, the office was closed when I returned for the evening at 9:30. And, only ONE blanket between two sheets. I don't sleep with the heat on and when the outside temp is at freezing, it was damn cold. there is no carpet on the floor which is even colder than the air on warm feet. Not the best stay in the world.

Room Tip: make sure you get an extra blanket and the password when you check in and sleep in warm socks!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MarinTraveler0
Dear Valued Guest,
I sincerely appreciate your feedback and will look into improving our guest service procedures.
We did recently replace all our TV's with new 40" flat screens and initlally had difficulties getting them set up correctly. I am happy to say that the work has been done and everything is working well. We apologize for any incoinveniences and hope you give us another opportunity.
Kam

Travelers are raving about these Healdsburg hotels

Sacramento, California
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This rating is for customer service - not the room. I had originally booked for 12/24 - 12/26 King Room on 12/23, and arrived/checked in afternoon on 12/24. Brought another guy friend at last minute, so needed more than one bed. Unfortunately, two beds weren't available. Desk person on duty kindly refunded my two day booking outside of the 48-hour cancellation period so that we could find two beds elsewhere. What a nice Christmas present! Thanks, ABVI!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MarcInSac
Dear MarcInSac,
Thank you for the kind words and your feedback. We certainly try our best to help our guests when ever we can. I hope we you will come visit us during your next trip to Healdsburg.

Ben Lomond, California
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have stayed here several times before with very good experiences, so I hesitate to just give it a 3-rating. But this time, we were put in a room so small, that there was no room for a desk or even one straight back chair. The heat seemed to be either full blast or off. AND there was no extra blanket in the room. The bed just had the double sheet (with a thin blanket between the sheets) and a strip of material (like a table runner) across the bottom of the bed. No bedspread and no extra blanket. And with the temperature dropping into the 30s, it got very cold during the night.

Room Tip: Check carefully when you are booking online. They have lots of "tricks" to prevent you fr...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Teresa,
We apologize for the inconveniences. Due to sanitary reasons, we recently eliminated the use of bedspreads. We do provide extra blankets when our guests requests them but seems like it might be more efficient to simply have them in the rooms for convenience. We thank you for the feedback and we will be looking into this for future improvement.

Kam
Dorset
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The thing to remember here is not to confuse America's Best Value with America's best quality! We stayed here for one night, not our first choice of accommodation but we got to Healdsburg later than expected so our choice was limited. From the outside the Inn looked smart although I didn't like the surrounding area much and wouldn't have felt happy to walk to the shops after dark.
The best aspect of our stay was the very cheap walk-in rate and for what we paid it was reasonable value. It would have been good if the receptionist had apologized for the wait at check-in while she finished her phone call and better still if she'd mentioned that breakfast was included in the room rate (unless of course she thought breakfast wasn't worth mentioning)! The room seemed clean enough although there was a slightly odd smell in the bathroom and a stickiness to the floor I preferred not to think about. The air conditioning was noisy and the bed wasn't very comfortable. We had trouble persuading the TV to change channels and phoned for advice, which didn't help at all.
If you're booking in advance there must be better options for somewhere to stay in Healdsburg.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rosiepDorset
Dear Guest,
We apologize that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay with us. We do appreciate your feedback and will evaluate our procedure to improve service to our guests.

GM
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I travel to the Healdsburg area about once or twice a year for work. This past trip my co-workers and I stayed at the America's Best Value Inn & Suites... I stayed in 2 different rooms throughout the week, one had wood-like floors and the other had carpet. The hotel is really cheap during the week and is a pretty good value... the price nearly doubles on fri, sat, & sun so watch out for that. To begin, I will say that the front desk person had a very thick accent and was really hard to understand... it was nearly impossible to converse with him on the phone so I finally said, "I'll just come by and book a room". Not his fault, but a bit of a frustrating start. Next, the room I was given hadn't been cleaned yet when I got there... so after asking to have it cleaned I had to wait in the parking lot in my vehicle for 15 minutes while it was prepared. Once cleaned, I got into the room and it wasn't half bad. The bed was pretty nice and the T.V. was a newer flat screen. I had no problems with the wi-fi durning my stay. The bathroom was pretty nice too with decent pressure in the shower head. The hotel does have a good location right off the highway and close to downtown H-burg. All-in-all, I can't put my finger on why, but the room was just average. I would stay there again, but it certainly isn't my first choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,
We sincerely appreciate your feedback we do hope you choose our property for your future stay. Our normal check-in time is after 2:00 pm however we do offer early check-in when requested in advance and when possible.
GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
#2 of 9 in Healdsburg
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux
Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!