“Clean, friendly service”

GreenLeadersGold level
Montreal
“Clean, friendly service”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed one night during vacation. Found motel was clean, refreshed, quiet and comfortable. Comfie bed. Front desk staff was courteous and helpful. About 5-10 minutes walking distance to the downtown plaza. Breakfast was basic. Good price/value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
abvishealdsburg, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to let us know. We hope to see you again in the future.

Kam
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Boulder Creek, California
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friend and I rented a room for two nights this past Friday. I chose this place because of the proximity to Healdsburg Plaza, we could walk back to our room, and because it was less pricey than other properties in the immediate vicinity.
We checked in, the room was sufficient; we left to go wine tasting. I am crazy about making sure my door is closed when I leave a hotel room, asked my friend to check the door, we were good to go.
When we came back to our room two hours later, the door was slightly ajar and our belongings had been gone through, nothing had been taken. My friend called the manager to inform him someone had been in our room and was summarily dismissed. He actually told her that it did not happen, and was offended she suggested such a thing had occurred.
Day two--we leave again to go wine tasting. Upon our return, were happy to see housekeeping had visited, but my small bag with three pairs of $50 earrings was gone. I have travelled a lot, sometimes to places that were kind of shady, and never been ripped off. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Don't leave anything of value in your room, even costume jewelry.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Redwoodmtngrrl
abvishealdsburg, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
We feel extremely terrible that something like this has happened to you while staying at our property. I can honestly tell you that in our 22+ years of owning and operating this business, we have never had something like this happen at our property. Our property is designed such that there is no through traffic for either pedestrians or cars which means other than guests, no one actually comes onto the property to cut through between streets for a shortcut. All traffic comes onto the property and leaves only thru the entrance and exit by the front office on Healdsburg Avenue. This is one of the main features that actually makes our property safe compared to other properties with open parking lots with multiple entrances and exits. And like all other properties in town, we don't have an onsite security guard and haven't had a need thus far.
I can also tell you that our housekeeping staff has also been with us for many years and have in fact turned in many valuable items left behind by our guests which we gladly mail back. Theft of guest items is an extremely serious issue and with our reputation on the line, we would not tolerate this behavior from any of our employees.
I can't tell you exactly what happened in this situation but we do feel extremely terrible about it and will continue to look at all ways to keep our property safe for all our guests.

Travelers are raving about these Healdsburg hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night last month during Barrel Tasting, and it was pretty bare minimum. We tried to check in early and were given a gruff "it's not ready." Room was pretty close to the road on the 1st floor, so we had major traffic and people noise all night long (aka drunkards hanging out / shouting / laughing right outside our room). Breakfast smelled pretty terrible in the lobby area so we avoided that. I wouldn't not recommend it ...but next time we'll stay at the L&M next door again.

Room Tip: if possible request a 2nd FL room @ the back of the complex
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
abvishealdsburg, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We get lots of guests every year during barrel tasting weekend who are out wine tasting all day and tend to continue the activitiy late into the night. We try our best to make sure all our guests are comfortable and ask anyone making excessive noise to keep it down. We will continue to improve upon that and we ask our guests to notify the front desk when ever there is a noise issue from another guest. Also our check in policy is after 2:00 pm however we do offer early checkin if requested in advance and if available. In the future, I would recommend you make that request so we can make appropriate accommodation. We do appreciate your business and we sincerely hope to see you again in the future.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I wanted to start off with the positive and give the type of information I had been looking for before I booked...
Positives:
Comfortable beds
Spacious room
DISH TV
10 minute walk to Healdsburg Plaza (downtown/main area for all that you want to do/visit)
Kam, the GM, really does care about the patron's experience
Front desk person, Maite (sp?), very nice
Working microwave TV and frig in the room
Coffee maker - and the main replaced the coffee that was used each morning
Near a McDonald's, who now has fresh baked chocolate chip cookies; and that rocks!
Very closeby to two Spanish markets, though you will need to speak basic Spanish to get anything. (Not a problem for me - but may be if you only speak English.)
If you want to have a slugfest - it's also near La Pizza, where you can get delivery, eat in, or pick up and bring back since it is close walking distance to hotel.
Pool and jacuzzi both were clean, though I didn't use either and can't vouch if the jacuzzi worked --- just saw them.
Easy and plentiful parking.
Front desk open 24/7.
Continental breakfast is absolutely decent - exactly what you would expect - cereal, milk, juice, coffee, bagels or toast. Nothing to complain about --- and a nice perk. (I didn't eat the breakfast - but saw it - and it was perfectly fine.)
Negatives:
Peter is nice but he should not be interfacing with the public due to an extreme inability to communicate effectively; his English is profoundly difficult to understand and he similarly doesn't understand what you are saying.
The maid service, relative to cleanliness, is terrible - I mean awful. I will list the problems regarding lack of cleanliness: 1. red stain on carpeting, which looked like blood, though I'm not sure --- was never cleaned and it wasn't put there by me. 2. I had a beer twist off top in my bathroom for my entire stay; and I never drank a beer - I inherited it and it was never removed. 3. My room was never vacuumed the entire time I was there; I am 100% sure of this because of things on the bedroom carpeting that remained throughout my stay. 4. The clock was unplugged and in a drawer. (Eventually I found it, set it and was good to go.) 5. The lamp in the "suite" part of the room doesn't work. Either take it out or fix it.
At no fault of the hotel's - the walking path to the Plaza is non-existent and often times dangerous. Again - this isn't ABVI's issue - it's the town of Healdsburg issue. However, as a guest walking into town you will have to contend with this. Supposedly there is a path out the back of the hotel where you can walk to Exchange and then on a sidewalk to the Plaza - but that door was locked - and besides ---- there still isn't sidewalk entirely from the hotel to the Plaza. When you first leave the hotel to get to road to get to the Plaza - you are literally and absolutely walking in the road; you must be extremely cautious. The walk is no problem, however, during the day. At night, especially if you are alone/a solo traveler --- you really need to think about whether or not you want to risk the in-the-dark-walk home. I did one night (I had lots of wine so was fearless!) --- but I was hyper vigligent and crossed the street to the more "lit" side several times. It's just something to think about if you are walking alone. If you have company - much less worry - though again - you still have a large part of the walk with no sidewalks to contend with.
There are dispensers in the bathroom for conditioning shampoo (not a separate shampoo and separate conditioner), shower gel --- these actually in the shower --- and I think that's OK --- but if you plan to wash your hair, you'd need to bring condition. The soap and lotion dispenser above the bathroom sink has body lotion that is like water. Even cheap Vaseline Intenstive Care Lotion would be better than that --- but! --- at least it's something.
The towels are very thin --- but they were clean.
The remote control for the TV ONLY works for volume. If you try to use the channel changer - you will mess up EVERYTHING! You have to get up and manually hit the up or down channel changer that is part of the DISH connector. The second you use the remote control for anything other than volume - you are screwed and will lose the connection to DISH.
HORRIBLE soundproofing. I heard every door slam, every step a person took, every voice, every everything. I had to sleep with TV on, fan on high, and bathroom light-fan on too, not to mention ear plugs. That said - because the bed really was comfortable - I did sleep pretty darn good!

Room Tip: I think you might be better on top floor so that you don't hear all of the footsteps from above...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank wineing
abvishealdsburg, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us all the good as well as "need to improve" parts of our property. I do really appreciate it. Many times guests simply just tell us the negatives but I am glad you highlighted some of the positives. Rather than detail all the steps I will be taking to address the issues you mentioned, I will say that I take our guest comments seriously and will be taking steps to correct everything we can. There are things that we may not be able to change immediately such as Peter at the front desk during off hours. This is a small family run business and given the current economic conditions, we are doing the best we can managing the business ourselves part of the time. But as business improves, we hope to hire additional desk clerks for our front office. There are always challenges with running this type of a business but our goal will always be to provide clean and comfortable guest rooms, proper service and the best value for the money.
Thank you for staying with us.
Kam
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I wrote a review in September that the Inn had overbooked and did not have the two rooms that we reserved. I e-mailed the General Manager and he offered us a free night's stay for two rooms. We just went this weekend. There was no problem with checking in. They gave us two king suites...complimentary. The rooms were big and clean. The bathroom tiles and granite tops looked new. Also had microwave and fridge in the room. Very comfortable and very convenient...close to town square. I'm happy with how management dealt with the overbooking issue

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank amgraphics25
abvishealdsburg, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to correct our mistake. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel has a great location! just couple of blocks from the downtown.
They have breakfast in the regular price which offer cereals, bagels, etc.
The room was clean and neat.
I didn't go to the pool but it looks like a desereted place and a little bit unlcean although the season was still summer

Room Tip: Ask for two queen beds even if u r couple. you'll find out it has more space room than others
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelOGlazer
abvishealdsburg, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. Our pool areas is open year round and I will certainly work with our staff to make sure it is clean and ready for our guests. For guests requiring more space, I would also recommend our King Suites which has a living room area separate from the sleeping area.
Thank you once again and we hope to see you in the future.
Sincerely.
Finger Lakes NY
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is within walking distance of downtown Healdsburg so that was a plus to us. The hotel was clean and our price was cheaper than others have indicated in their reviews so hopefully their comments helped the management to recognize that price should match quality. Breakfast is served in the lobby with VERY limited choices and 8 chairs for seating. Perhaps doing away with the breakfast and lowering the price further might help attract customers to this well-located establishment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank fruitofthevine
abvishealdsburg, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
We want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are continually evaluating the amenities we offer and try to make improvements to provide the best value to our customers. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
#2 of 9 in Healdsburg
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux
Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!