“My new favorite Healdsburg restaurant”
Review of Partake by K-J - CLOSED

Partake by K-J
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Matheson
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I held off on going to partake for quite awhile as there are already so many great restaurants in Healdsburg I was constantly swayed by an old favorite. I am so glad I finally tried it. It is now my new favorite. The food is delicious and the wines pair beautifully. I thought since it is just KJ wines I may get bored by the wine selection but who knew they had such a large selection of delicious wines. The menu can be in food and wine pairing flights or you can pair a la carte. We did the a la carte. I would suggest the Kobe beef with the hawk eye Cabernet and the crab cakes with any of the whites. The hawk eye Cabernet with the tomato risotto was also delicious and the wine fries and the cheese board etc.. I had family visiting with me and after taking them to Willis seafood, charcuterie and J for the tasting pairings this was their favorite. Beyond lunch or dinner I think this is a really good place for if you are wine tasting around the square to stop and do a paired flight. Doing a wine tasting paired with food can really show a different way to taste instead of the traditional sip, swirl and spit. We will be back.
Also make sure you try the Kobe beef sliders!

There are newer reviews for Partake by K-J

Reviewed May 24, 2014

First time in Napa Wine Country, and we were recommended to look in Healdsburg for evening fare. So fortunate there are so many places to eat and sip. Partake was a winner choice for us. It looks upscale and exclusive, but we came in our casual attire and were treated to wonderful friendly personal service. This Kendall-Jackson wine taste restaurant is not your Safeway wine selection. This is the really good "Estate" selections at $88 per bottle, but the tasting pours are well within dining portions and prices.
Most impressive was the generous treatment with opening bread and oils plus a black glass blind taste guess when we were seated. At the close of dinner, a nicely packaged pocket bit of brittle was with our check receipt.
Healdsburg should be on your list for some repast, especially not brief.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Exceptionally good tapas-style dishes, aimed at food/wine pairing, set in the style of California cuisine. Our server Earl, aside from excellent all-around service, took the experience from good to spectacular, using his considerable experience with wine to introduce us to some impressive KJ bottles which we would have not considered ourselves - a wine club order is definitely in the works! Definitely an amazing showing of small-production boutique wines from what is commonly known to be a large-volume and somewhat average winery.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The food here was very good - as was the service. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. The only draw back for me was the atmosphere - this was our anniversary dinner and while everything was great, I felt like I was having dinner in a tasting room - which I guess I was...

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stopped by Partake for lunch as part of a girl's trip to Sonoma in February and our experience was wonderful. We had the Kobe Burgers with the Cabernet French Fries and it was more than enough for the two of us. Our waiter was fun, friendly, and knowledgeable . We left our wine parings to him and we were not disappointed. Great!