“Unique!”

Madrona Manor Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Madrona Manor Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 100 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: West Dry Creek Road
Description: Guests have all five of their senses enlivened at Healdsburg's most romantic destination. Inventive cuisine, a stunning backdrop and impeccable service create a welcome retreat "worthy of a journey". Madrona Manor captures the rich culture of wine, food and nature inherent to the region. A stellar wine list expresses the varied bounty of the local vintners as well as global sources. Chef Mallgren prepares New Californian cuisine using the finest ingredients available in the county, as well as greens, vegetables, herbs and fruit from our gardens. Visitors can stroll through the beautiful gardens which meander up the hillside just beyond the mansion. One Star Michelin - Michelin Guides San Francisco, Bay Area and Wine Country Restaurants Top 100 Bay Area Restaurants - San Francisco Chronicle
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This great destination was recommended by a friend who knows his stuff. We took our son
And daughter-in-law there for a special dinner after their wedding. The management printed a special souvenir menu for them! The ambiance is Victorian charming: an estate with bed and breakfast accommodations and extensive grounds, charmingly decorated, and the service is attentive and knowledgeable without being off-putting (no comment about the French Laundry in this regard). The food was tasty and unusual and the chef came and discussed it with us. All in all, a memorable experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were testing the food for our wedding next year - absolutely fabulous! The multi course approach is breathtaking. We can't recount everything but took detailed pictures. The ice cream dessert made table-side will be a lovely compliment to our cake station. The service was great and the ambiance is just what we're looking for.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

small creative portions not for vegetarians even if you tell them in advance. Service was excellent.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

It was a rather long winding drive for my wife and I to drive up to Healdsburg from Napa last month. We ended up dining at Madrona Manor Restaurant by random choice, which turned out to be a good one. I have no reservation to recommend to others who don't mind dining in a very-old-Manor conversion.

On that evening the restaurant was not busy and most of the other diners happened to choose the patio. We ended up being on our own inside a cosy room admiring the ancient fireplace and chantelier. Our romantic evening was helped by a handsome Sommelier/Manager by the name Alex from Boston who was very attentive to every dining details besides being knowledgeable. We each picked a 5-Course dinner and there were some choices allowed within each section. Price was OK and reasonable for the locale and ambience and the one-Star-Michelin fame. Our second course of "Basil Steamed Lobster" was very tender. The third course of fish was the best of the evening, with my wife's Salmon choice done perfectly being poached in the right temperature olive oil, which beat out my Sole by a long shot. However my fourth course of "Roasted Sonoma Lamb" as meat dish was definitely over-done and on the chewy side. I should have gone for the duck breast which my dining partner allowed me to sample. I went for the Cheese Course as my last instead of dessert, and the portions served were generous and huge.

Throughout dinner, the bus-persons were very attentive to our cutlery, water, and bread needs. The food courses came at an appropriate speed and rhythm. The wine-pairing servings were on the generous side compared to the average being poured.

We enjoyed our evening experience at this converted Manor restaurant.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Everything, and I mean everything was spectacular.
Let me preface the remaining review with this: I am not a picky eater! I will eat Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches every day for lunch, or eat up all the leftovers that have been passed over in our fridge. Now with that being said, this was the nicest and well laid out meal I have ever experienced.
From our arrival on the grounds we thought we were in for an exciting experience. We were not disappointed. The staff was so thoughtful and diligent in their service during each course that made dinner that much more memorable. From the discription of each wine pairing to the "Chef Jesse would like you to try ..." that seemed less spontaneous, but none the less added to our enjoyment. While waiting for the individual courses, gazing out at the gorgeous grounds as the sun went down made for a relaxed setting that was a reward on it's own merit.
Madrona Manor just kept producing with each course. I would go again, yes it was more expensive than I am accustomed to spending on a dinner (remember the PBnJ) but worth every moment and every penny.

1  Thank Supreme_Dictator