“Eat like a Local”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Portions are huge and the quality is top of the line. If you like food with flavor you will love Parish. Just plain Good.

There are newer reviews for Parish Cafe

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the St Charles - eggs benediction made with fried rainbow trout. Yummy! And don't forget the beignets. #noumenadining

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had an amazing breakfast at Parish! My friend and I shared two dishes: I had a Po Boy egg sandwich that was light and full of flavor! Thin slices of black forest ham and melted provalone added just the right touch to the egg. My friend enjoyed Eggs Sardou -poached eggs over artichoke bottoms in the most delicious sauce I've ever had. It wasn't your usual hollandaise by any stretch of the imagination! Again, the entree was light and not overbearing, but with just enough of a kick to get your attention. It's clear why this place is so popular. We had to wait almost 30 minutes for a table. Since there are no reservations, it's wise to plan to be there early, or at least when you aren't completely famished. On the down side, service was very slow and not once were our water glasses refilled or were we asked if we wanted anything else. The server presented our check before we were able to ask for an order of beignets. No visit to a New Orleans style restaurant is complete without beignets and caffe au lait, and once again, they were as good as I imagined. Light and crispy with tons of powdered sugar spilling over onto the plate (and eventually, on the table!).
Oh- and the best news - all this came to $40. Incredible!
Bottom line..... Fabulous food, long wait and slow service on a busy Sunday morning. Was it worth it?? I'll be back as soon as I can!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am a beignet "expert" and the Parish Cafe definitely has the best beignets outside of New Orleans! My fried oyster po'boy was great also and my husband thought his mufletta was excellent and authentic. The owner was very friendly and we loved the comfortable atmosphere. Music could be turned off to make visiting a little easier. Prices were very fair. We will definitely return! Don't miss this place if you visit Healdsburg.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went to the Parish Café in Healdsburg for the first time this morning and it was really a terrific break from the boring breakfast menu of eggs, bacon, pancakes, and rolls. I had a crawfish and Andouille sausage omelet that had just enough spice to get my attention without any bite or obnoxious elements. It was served with cubed grilled potatoes with light peppers. My wife had grits and shrimp which looked even better with spicy Louisiana prawns served on a bed of creamy grits (polenta) with a tomato based sauce. If she hadn't eaten it all, I was fork-ready to dig into hers.

Service was very friendly but pretty busy. Everything is made to order so it takes a little while to get your food. It's worth the wait.