“Wonderful food, wonderful setting”
Review of Cafe Lucia

Cafe Lucia
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Lucia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 99 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Matheson
Description: Brother and sister team (Chef Manuel and Lucia as your host) share a passion for food and their Portuguese heritage in a full-service restaurant featuring Cozinha Nova Portuguesa - "new Portuguese cuisine" - celebrating the varied and complex flavors of Portugal, adapted to the immense offerings of top-quality ingredients from Sonoma County.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We really enjoy Spanish cuisine, but are not so familiar with Portuguese cuisine. On a recent trip to the Healdsburg area for barrel tasting, we were anxious to try Cafe Lucia, a new restaurant. We've eaten at many outstanding restaurants in the area, but Cafe Lucia stands equal to any. The preparation was skilled, using top quality ingredients and was just flat out rich and luscious. We stuck to traditional dishes, Caldo Verde and Balinhos de Balcahau (cod cakes) for appetizers. For the mains, my husband had Pork tenderloin stuffed with olives, figs and almonds served with cheese potato croquettes and I had Feijoada Completa, a multi meat and black bean stew which I could not finish. it was accompanied by a crusty potato tower and sauteed collard greens. For dessert, my husband chose the "chocolate" and I chose "caramel". Each of us received a selection of 3 small, perfectly presented portions that used the chosen ingredient.

The choices on the wine list ( some Portuguese) were well chosen and very reasonable, most around $30. We chose a Portuguese wine that paired well with our food.

The restaurant is quite comfortable with a mixture of tales and chairs as well as chairs/table with big leather banquette type seating against the wall. There is a lovely patio that doubles the size of the restaurant. There is also a high bar toward the rear. Service was efficient and cordial, though I wouldn't characterize it as warm. It is a lovely venue and we are anxious to return. For appetizers, mains, dessert and wine the bill was $129. Quite reasonable for the caliber of food and the experience.

1  Thank Beezercal01

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Cold,windy,rainy nite.Great find down an alley . Nice inviting dining area. Food excellent a bit pricey but over the top for presentation and quality. Very quiet nite only two other tables taken. Service was friendly and attentive. Would deffinatly go back when in Healdsburg.

1  Thank Gloria P
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I had lunch there today and were very pleasantly suprised. The Fish Stew was the best I ever had and the Paella was even better. I thought everything was resonably priced for the quality of the meal. Servers were tenative, but nice.

1  Thank Philip W
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to Cafe Lucia with a group of friends I took few months before to Portugal. I really liked the food was pretty good and very flavor, the ambiance is beautiful with nice views from Portugal. It is not very authentic is more a California Portuguese food. The price is a little bit steep for the food.
My recommendation is cod fish cakes for appetizers they were a little bit salty but they were great, main meal the cod fish plate it was great and the plate presentation was amazing! For desert the chocolate cake was good...
I was very impressed with the choices of Portuguese wines and Portuguese sodas:-)

1  Thank ricardofr
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We come to the area this time each year for a week and have a few places we eat dinner that we have found reliable: Zin, Dry Creek Kitchen, Spoonbar and Bistro Ralph. We may eat at them twice. This is our new addition to the list. One of the wineries recommended it and it definitely was a great choice. We had beet salads, I had fisherman's stew and my husband feijoada. Great bottle of zinfandel at a very reasonable price for the quality. Finished with cheese and port. Everything was delicious and service was friendly and knowledgable. They have only been open a couple of months, so I would expect maybe some kinks to be worked out, but everything was great. It was cold, so we sat in the indoor part of the restaurant which was nice, but they have an outdoor courtyard that will be absolutely lovely in warmer weather. Definitely will be back next year.

1  Thank huntejk