“Ahhh, to live in wine country!”
Review of Bravas

Bravas
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North
Description: Bravas brings the flair and flavors of Spain to wine country. The menu features tapas and seasonal dishes served a la plancha-all with chef Mark Stark's signature twist. Bravas introduces Sonoma County's first "Ham and Cheese Bar," serving Spanish and local cheeses, Tortilla Espanola, and Iberico ham, sliced paper thin to order by a "Hamboner." Bravas offers a selection of local and Spanish wines, sangria and Spain-inspired cocktails. Dine indoors or out. Happy Hour: Monday to Thursday from 3 pm to 5 pm
Reviewed August 14, 2014

And to be able to eat such wonderful, fresh, interesting food, while drinking beautiful wines on a shaded patio. We hoped our young 'uns would like the cute little plates of food and tried to order "kid-friendly" dishes like the chicken croquetas and ham and cheese toasted sandwiches. Unfortunately for them, fortunately for us, they weren't interested in anything beyond the bread and toothpicks. While I'm not usually a big fan of Spanish food / tapas, everything we ordered was excellent. We were there mid-day when everything was laid back. I suspect that at night it must get super busy and a bit rushed. FYI: we ordered 4 dishes, 2 adult drinks, 1 kid drink and spent about $70.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We ate at the bar. Good wine and tapas and very friendly staff. Totally recommended.As we've done this in Spain it compares well. Great place to eat.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is such a cute place! We found this place after doing a little walk from our rental house and got a great spot on the patio. They have an extensive menu of Tapas and good drink selections. The oxtail tostada was so tender and delicious. Tortilla Espanola - wonderful and authentic. A great place with something for everyone!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stopped in at Bravas on a warm day and was seated at a shady table on the patio. I asked the server for some recommendations, and she had quite a few. I settled on the pork cheek bocadillos and the grilled octopus. I also ordered a glass of verdejo, and the server let me taste the wine before I committed. (Glass pours are small; a half-bottle would be a better deal.) Octopus was delivered first. As soon as I started to cut into the octopus (it was served as a whole tentacle, rather than the pieces that are more common in Spain), I knew there was a problem. It was way overcooked. I tried one of the fingerling potatoes on the plate, and it was delicious and perfectly tender. I got the attention of the server and told her that the octopus was overcooked. She seemed surprised, so I asked her if it was supposed to be very chewy. I suspect that's the way they serve it, because she didn't offer to bring me a different portion. She did, however, quickly say she would be happy to bring me something else, so I ordered the scallops. Then the bocadillos arrived. It was an ample portion, with two small sandwiches. There was a little too much fat visible on one of the pork chunks, but it was easy to removed, the meat was fall-apart tender and the flavors were great. The main problem with this dish is the bread. The little roll is way too small for the meat, and it basically disintegrates once you start eating. It would be a lot better to make one larger sandwich on a more substantial roll and then cut it in half. But I managed. Next up were the scallops, which are served over grilled leeks with a romesco sauce. There were two large scallops that had been cut in half to form four medallions. The first one I tasted was just a shade overcooked, but the rest were fine. The romesco was fantastic -- I wished I'd had something to mop it up. The problem was the leek, which had a nice smoky flavor but was stringy and nearly impossible to cut. It clearly needed some more cooking. Service was fine. All in all, a good meal but with room for improvement.

1  Thank mrstahoesteve
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were outside, because the inside was too air-conditioned. The restaurant seemed full of waitstaff trainees who just listened. The din outside was unbelievable, possibly because the restaurant doesn't serve bread(in order to serve more tapas? ) and people keep drinking
.Having had tapas in San Sebastian,I felt this was a poor imitation.
My scallops were good, but my husband's octopus was tough as rubber, and the "pan tomate{ which could have served as a bread substitute to sop up people's wine) ) was soggy and cold, not toasty as I had expected. --Underwhelming-
I can't remember when was the last time i couldn't WAIT to get out of a restaurant. I escaped early...

1  Thank sfmaria101