“Interesting selection of tapas, great service”
Review of Bravas

Bravas
Ranked #7 of 98 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North
Description: Bravas brings the flair and flavors of Spain to wine country. The menu features tapas and seasonal dishes served a la plancha-all with chef Mark Stark's signature twist. Bravas introduces Sonoma County's first "Ham and Cheese Bar," serving Spanish and local cheeses, Tortilla Espanola, and Iberico ham, sliced paper thin to order by a "Hamboner." Bravas offers a selection of local and Spanish wines, sangria and Spain-inspired cocktails. Dine indoors or out. Happy Hour: Monday to Thursday from 3 pm to 5 pm
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I love trying different tapas restaurants in different cities. Bravas made the list of places to try, I wasn't disappointed. I had reserved a five pm table through Open Table (they don't take later reservations), and while I indicated that my party of four was there for several celebrations, the hostess made no mention of it. But she did secure us the last outside table which was very pleasant on the back patio (it was a gorgeous day). Perhaps the garden seats were available? We were only offered the patio.

We love padron peppers and tried Bravas version. We would have preferred just the peppers being offered without the chorizo glazed in cider (a little too crisply cooked). We also tried the calamari which is delicious (large pieces), along with the Duck Meatball sliders (this was recommended to us by another friend). Not my favorite. The sauce was very good, the buns were moist, but the meatballs were just so so (the texture was off for me). Excellent papas bravas (potatoes), but we noticed other diners had the sauce on the side which we will know in the future to have done for our plates (even for the calamari, they asked for the pesto sauce to be served in a separate bowl). All the cheese selections as part of the cheese plate were delicious along with the fig preserves--can't go wrong with cheese! And we were brave enough to also try (along with Duck Meatballs) pork "cheek" sandwiches. These tasted a lot like pot roast, so don't be shy to try! The waitress gave us her suggestions, also, and was very attentive.

The best part about Bravas is being able to try a little of everything. There is an extensive menu along with wonderfully crisp and potent sangria (I had the white). I hope to visit again to sample other little plates!

There are newer reviews for Bravas

Reviewed May 13, 2014

So we only stopped in for an afternoon glass of wine, not a full meal. I remember when this space housed Ravenous, and I loved eating on their dog friendly patio. This time we ate at Bravas on the lovely patio again, but without the dog, who was home.

The service was lovely. I had a Viognier that I really liked and the bartender told me that the vineyard had a tasting room in town and helped with directions. I had the beet salad and OMG it was fabulous! Dense and intense flavors, just incredible. My husband did not like his tuna dish as much. Just shows that he has no taste, I thought it was great and eagerly ate the morsels he left behind.

I will be in the area for a big bike ride in August and can't wait to come back with friends. I think the patio will be a perfect place to hang out and decompress with some local wine....

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at Bravas this past weekend. It is very low key, the service is good, servers very friendly and accommodating. And the food is amazing! We ordered all vegetarian dishes, and one was better than the next. The potatoes smothered in aoli and tomato sauce is to die for!

I look forward to returning so that we can eat our incredible food in their backyard garden area. Thanks for a great meal!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Have nothing bad to say, great food and service. Found the restaurant on another site and decided to bring my girlfriend on our weekend in the wine country. A definite return for us the next time we are in the area. So much of the menu yet to explore

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were going to eat at Wllis but there was a 45 minute wait. Luckily we saw a sign pointing toward Bravas We shared a bottle of wine and ordered several small plates which included ham, anchovies, salad, crab salad, etc. each dish was delicious. We ae in the courtyard and had an attentive and helpful server.
The bill was reasonable and the meal was outstanding.