“Sunday Lunch”
Review of Taverna Sofia - CLOSED

Taverna Sofia
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are passionate about creating authentic rustic Greek & Mediterranean dishes from fresh, locally sourced ingredients from the bounties of the Californian Wine Country.Enjoy the relaxing atmosphere in our covered outdoor patio overlooked by an expansive handpainted mural of the Greek island of Santorini.
Santa Rosa, California
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Food & service was great. Shared a few starters & had a nice bottle of wine that the server was nice enough to let us try on before we committed to a bottle purchase. Nice atmosphere.

Visited December 2013

Healdsburg, California
“Great Food like my YiaYia use to make”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Being Greek, I was excited to have Taverna Sodia come to Healdsburg. Sofia's food is authentic
Greek cusine just like my YiaYia (Grandmother to all you non Greeks) use to make!!! Great food, great atmophere, great service!!! Thanks for a great experience!!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank George G
london
“Amazing ! We loved it!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The most amazing gyros, my friend had the special courgette main, everything was perfect. The owner is charming and on site every night. She invented the best dessert ever- Baklava sundae! Seriously - amazing.

• Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Nice Surprise”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've passed this place a hundred times and a friend and I decided to meet our spouses there for lunch last week. I had the gyro salad and holy moly the portion is massive for one thing, which is nice. The lamb on my salad was the best gyro meat I've ever had. Moist, tender, and flavorful unlike many other gyro meats I've eaten in the past. The place is pretty tiny but it's a nice way to eat outside even if it's blazing hot or raining because you're under cover. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and I'd go back.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank FoodieMonica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good place for casual lunch/dinner”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My coworker and I came after our shift. We love Greek food and found that Taverna Sofia did not disappoint! The gyros and dalmas were delicious. They have this stuffed tomato they are entering in the local heirloom tomato festival which was not too great. Other than that, prices were fair and our server Paige was very attentive and knew the menu very well. The outdoor seating had a very nice atmosphere that makes you feel away from the hustle an bustle even though you are right downtown. Will definitely go back!

• Visited August 2013