“Excellent food and service ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pizzando
Ranked #37 of 95 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids
“Excellent food and service ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Grabbed lunch and didn't check tripadvisor before choosing. Excellent restaurant with great food and service. Was surprised by some of the negative reviews. Would go back!

Tucson, Arizona
“Best calamari we have eaten in years!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband loves calamari, so to find the best calamari he has eaten in years in a Pizza restaurant was a surprise. A very pleasant surprise. Of course this is Healdsburg, so the pizza place was not just any pizza place, but it was a definite cut above.

The waitress was even good enough to get us the ingredients of the calamari breading, as we were raving so about the taste and trying to figure out why it was so good, tasty, light and crispy. We won't tell!!!!!

The pizza with tomato, mozzarella, and basil was great. We added extra arugula. I like my pizza to be a meal, so I need my greens. This 12 inch pizza was perfect for two people with a shared appetizer as a starter for lunch.

We past the restaurant at dinner time and it was packed, now I know why. I would suggest you try this restaurant for dinner or lunch. Very tasty starters and pizzal

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
“Decent pizza but very noisy and filthy bathroom”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here and found the interior design to be quite nice but the food, service, and ambiance were lacking. There was very loud techno music playing via pandora that did not really fit. I think the loud music was to cover the sound of the 3 portable AC units and 3 fans. I think they have an AC problem? The service was very slow but friendly. The pizza had great flavor but was a bit soggy for wood fired. The bathroom was very dirty. I was glad I had eaten before using the restroom because I might have lost my appetite.

West Cork, Ireland
“Tepid food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We ate in this establishment last night. It is a
lovely looking restaurant and comfortable. They serve mainly pizza and pasta. I had pizza,which arrived after the other 3 meals, but that was not a problem. The problem was that the other 3 dishes were served tepid. We advised the waiter of the problem and he took them away to re heat them. They came back 5 minutes later and were the same temperature. At this stage,I had nearly finished my pizza,so they ate the tepid food. When the waiter came back,we informed him of the fact that the food had been at best,tepid. We were presented with the bill, which was $113. He took off the cost of garlic bread,which was about $7. Not acceptable. Three out of put party of four, had a poor dining experience and that's all we were offered by way of compensation. We will not return.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank minnihandbag
beantown
“loved the pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

but the pasta taggliatelle with bacon and pea's was fantastic- fresh pasta, we also have fried calamari that was light and delicate and some of the best i have eaten. the pizza's were wood fired and fantastic - they will make you what you ask for as we had three different all with farm fresh ingredients and delightfully prepared. also the heart of romaine leaves drizzled in a light dressing with toasted sunflowers was right on the money.. loved it .. all around small and a little noisy just what you expect in a pizza place...

Visited June 2014