Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Small Winery, Great Wines

On a recommendation, we made an appointment here and had a sit down tasting with Abby their... read more

Reviewed April 20, 2019
Storm S
via mobile
Excellent Red Blends in a Peaceful Setting

We had a wonderful, relaxing tasting with owner John Vizlay and his daughter, Abby. As we sat... read more

Reviewed February 17, 2018

from $99.00
from $175.00
from $30.00
More Info
All reviews owner john award winning wine maker abby winemaker wines tasting varietals appointment property zinfandel
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2017

This is truly Family Winemaking at its best. It's a father-daughter enterprise. Small and special. They live on the premises with their winery and vineyards. Just wait until you taste how good are their wines. They are winning professional blind tasting events. They are very nice people and worth stopping by to taste their wines.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank PilotMichael
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Small but good winery. Affordable. Enjoyed all their wines, but our favorite was their petite Syrah. Look forward to drinking our purchases in the future.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 14, 2017

We tasted here while on our Segway tour. Friendly staff, pretty property, and great wine. Staff is very knowledgeable.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

We were lucky to have the owner, John, do our tasting. He spent a full hour with us explaining about the grapes, the wine making process and answered all our questions. We had some wonderful wine and learned a little too. The tastings are by appt only so be sure to book ahead. Worth the trip!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Gail W
Reviewed April 27, 2017

I have known John Viszlay for several years after I visited his property 5 years ago. I am in his wine club and I look forward to the shipments several times a year. A repeat visit last Labor Day with my wife did not disappoint. He has expanded his outdoor tasting area and continued to grow his business making incredible wines.

Even better than his wines (which are award-winning) is John Viszlay himself and his family. He is probably the most nice, humble, down-to-earth winemaker you will ever meet. He and his daughter will welcome you with open arms and spend as much time with you as you would like.

I recently sent my parents to Healdsburg for their 50th wedding anniversary. Naturally that included a trip to Viszlay Vineyards. My father, who is not easily pleased or impressed, repeatedly tells me that the visit to Viszlay Vineyards and conversation with John was the highlight of their vacation. Dad is the antithesis of a wine snob but he couldn't resist getting a case of John's wonderful wine.

Thanks to John and Abby for continuing to make incredible wine and for your personable interaction with everyone who steps foot on your beautiful property.

To all TripAdvisor readers---you must visit John's wonderful vineyard and meet the nicest winemaker family in the area.

Date of experience: September 2016