“Great food, nice setting”
Review of Dry Creek Kitchen

Dry Creek Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Dry Creek Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 99 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Matheson Street
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Overall excellent food, well presented. We had duck and pork, but best item was pumpkin soup. Free corkage for Sonoma wine (2 bottles, third is $20 I think) is a very nice touch and gave us a chance to (re)-sample wines we'd purchased that day at local vineyards.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We went there after our first full day of wine tasting, so our judgement may have been a little off, haha! We were a little early for our reservation, but were very kindly seated in a very nice booth. The service was pretty good, with 2 or 3 different people attending to our needs, though a little on the pretentious side for us. We shared an appetizer of the Seared Hawaiian Ahi Tataki, which was absolutely wonderful, would actually return to just have that again. For our entrees we both had the Dungeness Crab stuffed Petrale Sole, which is unusual for us since we typically get two different entrees so we can each have a taste of the others. Unfortunately, this was the wrong time to get the same thing, since neither one of us particularly enjoyed it. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't that good, tasting quite bland and didn't seem to go very well with the trumpet mushrooms. Maybe it just wasn't the right thing to order after a very full day of wine tasting. We had also heard that their Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar for dessert was really good, so we got one to go since we were too full. Maybe it needs to be eaten fresh, but when we ate it the following night, it was just ok. Nothing special.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were staying in the Hotel Healdsburg, and whilst we wouldn't return to the hotel, we would happily visit this restaurant again. The service was a little on the slow side, but my husband's lamb and my steak were superb.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I am a foodie from San Francisco and this place really pleased me. The ambiance, food, low-key but elegant atmosphere, really hit the spot for a romantic dinner. I had the pumpkin soup appetizer which was delicious, slightly creamy flavor, but not too rich. My girlfriend has the tortellino (Vanilla + Brown Butter Parsnip 'TortellinoFennel Mousseline / Bitter Walnuts / Watercress), which was amazingly flavorfull. There were about five tortellino on the plate, so a bit small, but worth it. I had the California Sea BassSweet Corn Fondue / Crispy Un-Smoked Bacon / Toasted Garlic Rapini / Oven Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette with out the bacon for my entree. It was excellent. They mix flavors together that I'd never have thought of. My girlfriend had the duck (Sonoma County Liberty DuckStar Anise Crusted Breast / Crispy Confit / Dried Blueberry Sausage / Crispy Sunchokes / Baby Carrots / French Breakfast Radish) which was outstanding. Many different flavors and textures of duck; we enjoyed the confit particularly. I think I had the prix fixe for about $65, including dessert. I had the peanut butter chocolate layer cake slice, which was outstanding; it was quite rich, but not too big. For the $, it was an excellent deal and less expensive than an equivalent meal in San Francisco.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Had a lovely meal at Dry Creek Kitchen! Service was prompt and thorough. Presentation and beauty of the food was incredible. Interesting menu choices and great wine list! Beautiful interior and lively patrons along with window seats made the evening very special! The Scallops in Puff Pastry were amazing!