“Local & delicious”
Review of Dry Creek Kitchen

Dry Creek Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Dry Creek Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 100 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Matheson Street
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Consistently one of the best restaurants in all of wine country. In a town full of exceptional choices, this one stands out for two reasons: 1) the food is a perfect expression of the abundant local food coming form the area, and 2) it's the nicest dining room in Healdsburg -- and our first choice in something that's a notch above the rest in ambiance.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Dry Creek Kitchen is an elegant restaurant in the midst of the California Wine Country. The food is outstanding. I strongly recommend the Braised Short Ribs. This dish cooked for over 48 hours has a very sophisticated flavor. You don't want to miss this jewel.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Made a quick trip to Healdsburg for lunch, and Dry Creek Kitchen did not disappoint. I had a Reuben sandwich on house-made Rye bread that had a soft, almost brioche-like texture. The potato chips served with the sandwich were very thin and light, but not oily at all. Quite ethereal, really. I also had a glass of the Limestone Sauvignon Blanc, which is made by a Charlie Palmer-owned winery (apparently). This was a surprising find. Far from the typical pear-citrus-lemongrass light zesty Sauv Blancs typical in this region, the Limestone was a darker yellow color and a nose redolent of blue cheese or soy sauce. More umami, less light and airy, and quite nice. Service was fast and polite.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great location on the Square. Warm welcome, Great food and attentive service. The only problem is that we were in and out in 90 minutes, not because we were hurried, but because the service was too good. Would have liked to have lingered a little longer.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I wish tripadvisor had a ratings button between average and very good, because I would rate this restaurant "good." The atmosphere and service were top notch. This was our first "real" dinner in Sonoma, and we were surprised by the size of the portions, not Californian at all, but huge. I could not finish my very delicious walnut and blue cheese salad (and I am a salad freak) and could barely put a dent in the touch over average but not memorable pork loin special. The peanut butter dessert the waiter recommended was very good. I also appreciated that there is no corkage fee if you bring in a local Sonoma wine. Nice touch and good support of the community.

In conclusion, dinner was pricey, food was good, not amazing, just didn't wow me. I do think the chef is a bit heavy on the salt, and sometimes less is more with regard to both serving portions and ingredients in a dish (the pork loin dish seemed like it had everything but the kitchen sink in it). I have scanned other reviews and some complained about too small portions. Did we go to the same restaurant? Would I go back? No sure.