“French Bistro Clone”

Ralph's House
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ralph's Martini House takes great care in the origins of our foods. All our dairy is organic. Our meats are grass fed. Poultry is local, hormone and antibiotic free. The menu follows the local garden and is organic whenever possible. We create elegant small plates, brillant cocktails and provide Healdsburg's only late-night dining option. Come out and play with us!
Kirkland, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“French Bistro Clone”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Superb food. Caprese Salad and Duck Confit were top-notch. Desserts fantastic. Martini's are a specialty. Wine list is good.

Visited September 2012

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
“True Bistro Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a terrific dinner at Bistro Ralph last year with some local friends so in our travels this year we brought an additional two couples who enjoy fine food and wine. We were not disappointed and our group felt this was one of the highlight dinners of the trip. The friendly staff makes you feel comfortable and relaxed immediately when you walk in the door and, despite a busy Friday night, the table service exceeded that of many more formal (and expensive) restaurants we sampled in Healdsburg. As always, the food at Bistro Ralph was creative, exciting and very fresh with local purveyors. Moreover, the wine list was populated with many local vintners and reasonably priced. Bistro Ralph will always be on our list when we visit Healdsburg.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Tim S
austincoolcouple
“Delish!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

So a friend of ours told us about this "guy he knows named Ralph that has a little restaurant in Healdsburg" and we should try it. We felt a little silly when we thought we could just bop in on a Friday night without a reservation after we realized this place was a much bigger deal! The staff was so friendly, casual and gracious. We were immediately seated at the bar and proceeded to have a fantastic meal of grilled artichokes, mussels and steak frites! Met some fun locals seated next to us and just had a great evening. Definitely has that real bistro ambience!

• Visited August 2012
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Perfect”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This may be my first 5 star review, but I can't fault a thing at Bistro Ralph. It is small, right on the town square, and your dining neighbors will be nearby. Forget that, the food is awesome, I had short rids (special) and my wife had salmon and shared a bottle of Selby Zin. Our server, Allen I believe, was right there to greet us and open our wine. It seemed like whenever we needed Allen he was there, but never hovered. This was a very memorable dining experience.

• Visited September 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wow!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Bistro Ralph was suggested to us by one of the wineries we had visited in Sonoma. We had been to Dry Creek Kitchen which is just across the street, so we thought it was in good company. We were not disappointed!!

After looking over the menu, we were stumped. So many things sounded terrific, I honestly did not know what to choose. I decided that our waiter, George, who was SO engaging and has been at Bistro Ralph 18 (?) years, was better equipped for the task. I told him to choose whatever he thinks is the best they do and I sat back and waited for his choices to arrive.

First came the Plate of 1000 Fries. To be honest, its probably more like 10,000 shoestring fries. They were fun, tasty and the ones we couldn't finish were a great snack the next day. Next came the entree, duck confit. Now I love duck and this has got to be one of the top three duck dishes I have ever had. Fabulous is an understatement. We also had Cornoa Beans. Don't know what they were exactly but they were big, delicious and perfect! We ended with a dessert of Profiteroles that were a wonderful end to a great meal.

I guess I have to say, my wife had a salad which she loved but .............seriously.

This is a great place, staffed by caring people who know that the only meal that really matters is the one you are being served now! I don't want to sound like they hired me as their PR man but they did everything right! George, our "Guy", was one of the best waiters I have had in ages. He is good at his job because he cares about his clients and loves his work. The chef is quiet, charming and accomplished and it shows!

THIS is somewhere you NEED to try!

made our visit truly memorable.

• Visited August 2012