“We'll always go back”
Review of Ralph's House - CLOSED

Ralph's House
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ralph's Martini House takes great care in the origins of our foods. All our dairy is organic. Our meats are grass fed. Poultry is local, hormone and antibiotic free. The menu follows the local garden and is organic whenever possible. We create elegant small plates, brillant cocktails and provide Healdsburg's only late-night dining option. Come out and play with us!
Warrenton, Virginia
“We'll always go back”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Excellent restaurant, our favorite in Healdsburg--a town with many good chow-halls. Have eaten there three times on two trips. First-rate, unfussy (but lively) cooking, a true California bistro. Excellent wine list for the restaurant's size, fairly priced. Helpful, amusingly irreverent waiters. If you stop by for lunch, do not miss the lamburger, which is incomparable. Kitchen is strong on all fronts--fish, fowl and red meat. Great fresh-beet salads in summer. Relaxed atmosphere, many locals. More fun than romantic--can get noisy--but it just plain works. Kick back and enjoy this one! Oh, and if you want to go for dinner, make a reservation--never hurts.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Ralph1952

Dallas, Texas
“Disappointing...”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Service was excellent. Atmosphere was relaxed. Food. There was just something off. Too much sauce on the chicken liver appetizer. The duck was over sauced as well and almost tasted the same as the chicken liver appetizer sauce. My salmon was cooked well but almost cold. After a week in Healdsburg, it was at the bottom of our list. I think the management needs to investigate what is going on in the kitchen. They need to pull their socks up !

Visited June 2011
Los Angeles
“Perfect (Valentine's) Dinner”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I must say Valentine's dinners are most always over rated and sort of contrived. So when I was deciding on a dinner place to celebrate Valentine's day with my husband, I wanted to find a simple unpretentious place that serves good food. I found "the perfect place" in Bistro Ralph (Plaza Street, Healdsburg). Simple yet sophisticated, it captured the bistro feel to a "T". I love the interiors, from the tin ceiling, to the paintings on the wall and the whitewashed brick wall. It's a small place, the menu tight but every single thing we ordered was excellent.

My husband and I decided to show up 30 min earlier for our dinner reservations and planned to have some cocktails at the bar having heard of their famous martinis. It certainly did not disappoint. They are as good if not better from what I've been reading about past reviews . It is literally to die for!

For dinner we had their vegetarian selections, from their appetizers and sides menu. I had the arugula w/ goat cheese and my husband had the pea shoots with artichoke. Both were excellent. The sides we ordered were Macaroni and manchego cheese and Brussels Sprouts~ with apple syrup glaze. Again just prepared expertly. They had a pretty good standard wine selections, offering by the glass portions as well.

I would go back to this place in a heartbeat.
Btw, I have to make a special mention of Allan who took good care of us, very attentive but not overbearing or obtrusive. I asked for suggestions on the wine selection and dessert, and his recommendations were spot on! Please DO make it a point to try this place out when you are in Healdsburg.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank DMF2
Chicago, Illinois
“Good dinner in a bistro type atmosphere.”
Reviewed January 6, 2011

On our recent visit to Healdsburg our group of ten dined at Bistro Ralph. The restaurant is somewhat small but they did a fantastic job of accommodating us. I like the elegant yet casual atmosphere. One note is they do have martini's but other than that hard liquor is not available. Nice wine list though. The food was excellent with everything tasting very fresh. I ordered the halibut which was flaky and cooked perfectly. Try the frites as well.

• Visited October 2010
AZ
“Very good food”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We ate here for lunch & our meals were very good. I must say the bus boy & the waiter were one of the most friendly and professional people I have ever met. They both were very attentive. The only negative item was that the room is loud. This is a place to go for a daytime lunch, not a romantic dinner.