“Visit my vine or get your own!”
Review of Gracianna Winery

Tasting Experience at Gracianna Winery
Ranked #4 of 162 things to do in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Gracianna Winery is a family-owned business that symbolizes everyday gratitudes and graciousness in entertaining because our belief is that successfully hosting a special meal with friends and family is an everlasting circle that fills all our lives. Visit our vineyard tasting room to sample our award-winning wines, and see the only vineyard in the world where the vines wear jewels -- medallions featuring the names of Gracianna Medallion Wine Club™ members. Please note the vineyard tasting room is subject to a seasonal closure from December 1, 2017 to March 30, 2018. We are open year round for wine purchase and pick ups; please call or write.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday and we just happened to be on this road coming back from a quick trip to Armstrong State Park. It was pouring rain and we saw the door open down at the bottom of the driveway... after getting out in the rain and finding no one minding the tasting room, we were about to leave and reluctantly, got back out of the rain for a taste. So glad we did.

I loved the Chardonnay we had. I LOVED the pinot, and I am NOT a fan of reds at all. I signed up for the wine club immediately because though they only have 3 wines, all of them were brilliant. The family came down and spent lots of time chatting with us, sharing the story of the name, the gift on the front of the labels, etc... As a new wine club member, you get a slate plaque with whatever you want engraved, get to pick out a vine and it will be added so you can visit it in the future... brilliant marketing strategy. Love it. Can't wait to visit my vine... you can stop by and say hello to it if in the area... Row 11, vine 7. I will be forcing the fall house full of guests traipse out to the vine this fall... it's gonna get crowded at my vine, so get there early.

3  Thank Karmen Lee O
"favorite experience"
"love visiting"
"memorable visit"
in 2 reviews
"patio overlooking the vineyard"

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Absolutely the highlight of our wine tasting experience. Trini made us feel so welcome, it was not a typical time at a Sonoma winery. "welcoming" & " inviting" are two adjectives that don't do it justice. The wine, of couse, exquisite. Guarantee it will be "the" place in no time! Jealous that I'm on the other coast and can't enjoy it more often.

5  Thank gotthemeyes
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had driven by this (then unknown) winery numerous times and they never seemed open.

This time, however, I noticed someone in the breezeway, so I turned around and drove down the driveway to see what this place was about.

Trini Amador (the father and third "Trini" in the family, not his winemaker son) was gracious enough to accommodate my curiosity, as well as my palate, by sharing some delicious wines with my wife and I yesterday (Nov 15).

We tasted the three wines currently offered - a chardoonay and a pinot noir, both from the Baccagalupi Vineyard, and a zinfandel,also from the Russian River Valley AVA. While the zin was a little "hot" at 15.9% alcohol (the other two were just under 15%), the wine was still balanced and had a unique flavor. Since we liked 'em all, we bought two of each!

Gracianna is truly a family affair, as mother, father, son and daughter are all engaged in the winery in one aspect or another. The winemaker (Trini IV ) managed to swing an internship at Kosta Brown, and it shows in the wine.

If you haven't visited Gracianna, I strongly encourage you to do so. But, make an appointment ;o) Here's their website: http://www.gracianna.com

Tasting fee is $10, refundable with a two-bottle purchase (or if you join the wine club, in which case you'll likely buy some wine anyway, won't you?)

We'll be back..... and we'll call ahead next time.

6  Thank ConcoursRider
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We love this place. When we arrived with our group of 19, the owners welcomed us with open arms....and lots of wine! We met the whole family and both father and son gave presentations about the winery and its wine. We sat at their picnic table and exchanged stories with them, while we drank their excellent wine. We hated to leave, but the party bus was on overtime! When we forgot a case of wine that we had purchased there, they actually had it delivered to our hotel several miles away. Then, the next day, we got a call from the owner making sure that we had had a good time. Needless to say, we did! This place is a new gem in wine country. We can't wait to go back.

5  Thank KenM95380
See more reviews
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Our group of 19 arranged our visit in advance. On the phone, they could not have been more welcoming. Once we arrived, they treated us like long lost family. 60 wine glasses were set up on an outside table, ready for our tasting experience. Mom and dad, along with their winemaker son, were all there to share their family history and dream with us. Made you feel warm all over! A true family wine making venture and they made you want to be a part of it. The wine was very good and we look forward to following their progress for years to come. They said goodbye with hearty hugs and warm smiles. A wonderful experience.

4  Thank PismoLulu