Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience

Rented e-bike for one day with my son, excellent experience from the start when owner explained the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
igk123
New York City, New York
via mobile
Excellent service and impeccably maintained bikes

My wife and I did the 3-day tour, first day with guide and next two days with maps and tips from... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
David T

Recommended experiences in and around Healdsburg
from $50.00
from $99.00
from $89.00
from $30.00
More Info
All reviews self guided bike tour bike shop in great shape wine country camellia inn excellent equipment bodega bay picnic lunch great folks west dry creek road gourmet lunch sonoma valley russian river great guide highlight of our trip tac
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2019

We were planning on renting bikes for only a day from Wine Country. The bikes were in great condition, and John gave us such fantastic advice on where to go and was just so helpful in every way that we rented again the next day! The help that they give both in person and on-line is above and beyond. We really feel like we got to know something about riding around Healdsburg. Loved it!!

Reviewed April 9, 2019

We rented the Trek aluminium road bikes for a day (were planning more, but lots of rain). The bikes were in great condition, and easy to use for a first-time road bike user! The owners were great in helping us plan a route for the day (cycled along West Dry Creek road up to Lake Sonoma), with great recommendations for lunch spots. A great group to rent bikes from! Would consider their 3-4 day packages when in better shape and in better weather!

Reviewed April 5, 2019

We did a 3-day tour on a tandem for our 10th anniversary. We enjoyed our tour and highly recommend Wine Country Bikes.

Service: Tremendous customer service before and during the tour. Traveling from Michigan, I appreciated the prompt communication leading up to the trip and Kaylon and John were extremely helpful during the tour. Great, personable people!

Route: John spent a lot of time with us planning routes and providing options given the unpredictable spring weather. The rain held off and we ended up logging just under 200 miles over 3 days with the right amount of challenging rides, diverse scenery, and wine tasting.

Bike: Not many shops rent high-end road tandems. The bike was in great shape and well equipped to cover lots of miles and we especially appreciated the disc brakes coming down Coleman Valley in the mist!

Accommodations: We selected the 'value' tier and were happy with each, but wished for a hot tub at Occidental and Guerneville after longer days riding :)

A memorable trip, we'll be back! As they say, "Wherever your relationship is going, you'll get there faster on a tandem!" ;D

Reviewed March 26, 2019

We rented road bikes with Heather. She was very efficient and courteous, helped us select the right bikes, got us properly equipped with helmets, gloves, bags, locks. And she gave us great tips of where to go and eat. It was a great 58km ride, a bit chilly at times. The climb to the Sonoma Lake lookout is challenging but very doable if you take your time. And it is worth it.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed November 11, 2018

I booked the winery tour in Healdsburg. Communication with the shop was excellent from the start. This was my first trip to Sonoma and a winery tour on bike was the #1 thing I really wanted to do. I travelled over 1,000 miles, rented a car, booked my accommodations, so what happened when the others in the group cancelled at the last minute? Dave HONORED my reservation without hesitation and without issue. He actually apologized to me for being the only rider that day (the other group decided to do a different route at the last minute). Integrity and commitment. Thank you!

I was so fortunate to get to know Sonoma from a local who knows and shares all of the wonderful facts, observations and history of the area, it's topography, culture and wineries.

The ride I did is a great casual ride. If you want a fitness ride and want to push your limits you should ask for that specifically.

Date of experience: August 2018