“4 day bike tour was fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“4 day bike tour was fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Taking this tour was everything WCB said it would be. This was our second bike tour (wife and I did self guided Shenandoah valley last summer), so we kind of knew what to expect and appreciate. WCB experience was fabulous; directions and overall trip review from Howard was spot on, the B&B's were lovely and welcoming, the scenery spectacular. WCB provided the bikes (3 front rings were nice on the climbs,) and hauled our luggage. Bonus at the end: his and her showers! Only downer was the weather; it rained steady the first 2 days ("never seen this before in June" said the locals). Would highly recommend WCB and this tour. 108 miles over 4 was perfect.

USA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“An invigorating way to see wine country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I are not avid bike riders, but we do enjoy touring places on bike because it gives such a unique view of an area. We had Terry as our guide. It was us and one other couple on the trip. We started by biking about 10 miles to a great winery up on a hill, where we had a leisurely tasting along with some cheese and crackers. We then biked to a biodynamic winery and had a lunch of sandwiches and salad. We then biked to a third winery for one last tasting before completing our 5-6 hour ride. We were able to set the pace, and could spend as little or as much time as we liked at each winery. We also were able to purchase wine along the way and either Terry would put in in his bike bags, or if there was a lot the company would come pick it up for you. It was a great experience.

1 Thank smallbug418
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“The best time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had a group of 15. First of all, the bikes were awesome, new and in great condition. Jay, our tour leader for the day was super knowledgeable. We had a group in town for a wedding, ages late 20s to 70 yrs. Had a 15 mile easy round trip with two winery stops. Lunch was fabulous. The wineries were great, Quivira was a huge hit. Basically a perfect day! Thanks wine country bike tours!

1 Thank Daisy L
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent way to see Sonoma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was by far the best part of my Sonoma trip. We did a one day guided tour. Since neither of us had ever been to wine country, this was a great way to get acquainted with area, see some beautiful scenery, go to vineyards and wineries that a little off the beaten path (they take you to mostly boutique wineries) and enjoy the outdoors in some of the best weather in the US. You definitely get your exercise while on this tour. We rode for about 45 min to an hour before we stopped at our first winery. The guide was very interesting and knowledgeable; it was a pleasure talking to him about wine and the wine country lifestyle. We bought several bottles of wine on the tour, and the truck that dropped off our delicious, fresh lunch took them back to the shop for us to lighten our load, so you can buy as much wine as you like!
Advice: they have lots of water for you, so don't worry about that. Do take sunscreen. As far as clothing goes, I wanted to look nice for pictures, so I wore leggings, flats, an undershirt and a longer flowy shirt on top. I was very comfortable, but I would suggest more athletic shoes. My boyfriend wore a polo, khaki shorts and tennis shoes and he wished he had worn more biker-style pants underneath his shorts for obvious reasons I won't go into. Bring some sort of snack bar just in case; the food is really good, but if you are used to eating more frequently then you will want to be prepared. Don't go into this thinking that it will be leisurely. I'm not a biker, but I do work out regularly, and I was exhausted after this tour. We all left from the bike shop chatty and getting to know each other, but the ride back at the end was silent. It's totally worth it and very fun, but on the website they make it sound like a walk in the park when it is a little more intense than that.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Courtney T
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I highly recommend you let these people plan your Sonoma getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

My Boyfriend and I signed up for 3 nights and 2 days of with Wine country bike tours. We tried both the H2 and one of the B and B's recommended.
Both were excellent experiences and right in town.

The H2 is sleek and tasteful, we especially liked the pool and the sparkling or flat water on tap available at all times.

The Haydon Street B and B was equally enchanting. Excellent hosts, great meals and it was nice to get acquainted with the other guests during the 4 course breakfast. I have food allergies and they were very accommodating. There were maybe a few too many written rules for guests but otherwise a nice place to stay.

The tour itself was more than I could have expected. I have done several Bike adventures abroad, their bikes , quality guides and service were all amongst the best have experienced.
Nice people, knowledgeable guides, good bikes easy self guided directions. You will not be disappointed.

Visited May 2013