“Must-stop spot for cyclists riding in the Healdburg area” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jimtown Store
Ranked #3 of 22 Shopping in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A true country store and cafe with everything you could possibly need. Breakfast and lunch for dine-in or take away. Coffee and home made pastries every morning. Housewares, toys, old fashioned candy and locally made gifts. Call ahead or order online for great boxed lunches. Catering and delivery services available for dinner, lunch, or breakfast.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Arcata, California
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Must-stop spot for cyclists riding in the Healdburg area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Santa Rosa Cycling Club has partnered with the owners of the Jimtown Store to provide cyclist parking and access to water on the east side of the building. Tasty casual lunch items, friendly staff, and easy shaded outside bench seating makes this an excellent stop for cyclists. It is also quite popular with tourists on wine tours.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Steve C

Grapevine, Texas
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 208 helpful votes
“Great BBQ Sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I stopped for lunch on the recommendation of Diner’s, Drive-Ins and Dives at the Jimtown Store for lunch. There actually is a town named Jimtown, but the official address is Healdsburg. We both had BBQ sandwiches – mine was brisket and my husband had pork, although we actually cut them both in half and shared them. We liked this place a LOT. The food was good and the atmosphere was really fun. We sat on the back patio because the weather was perfect and there were even grapes growing on an arbor that covered the patio. It was quite charming.

Visited August 2011
CA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Salads are outstanding!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I read many things about Jimtown and was advised to eat there during my last trip. Glad I did. Salads were AWESOME! I hope they still have the Kale Shitake Sesame one when I return. I know their meat sandwiches are popular but vegetarians cant go wrong. And if they have the bread pudding, (DONT) DO IT!! You will have to spend an extra 3 hours in a gym!! But it was worth every bite.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank CabZinlvr
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

While doing the tourist thingy north of SF, we made a 30 mi detour to try this place, based on the D.D.D. show. Had the Ham & Brie and Grilled Eggplant sandwiches, Greek Salad, and Iced Chai Tea, and we bought carmel popcorn w/pecans & macadamia nuts for the road. All pretty tasty but short of 'yum yum'. Meanwhile, the order counter service was a little brusque -- maybe we showed up after a hectic lunch crowd?
Overall we wish we had gone to the Culinary School in Napa Valley instead...

Would give it 3-1/2 stars if possible, so I rounded down to balance out the other six reviewers' 5-star ratings.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank J_T_K_Mb
Bayside, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The most amazing brisket!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I went to the Jimtown Store because everybody raved about it. We found out later why. Walking in we saw all sorts of old fashioned candy, toys, etc. We walked up to this little counter and read the menu on the wall. I knew the guy from Diners Drive-in's and Dives visited this place but I couldn't remember what he ordered so I asked the guy behind the counter. He said Guy Fieri ate the brisket so of course I had to see if the sandwich lived up to the hype. We walked outside to the patio while we waited for our food. It was the cutest little patio ever. The pergola was covered with grape vines and you could reach your hand up and pull off a few grapes from the bunches. Then it happened. Our food was brought out the the table. One bite in and I almost fell off the bench! It was literally the best brisket I have ever had. Tender, juicy, a little saucy...just fantastic. My husband ordered the grilled cheese with jalapenos, carmalized onions and a smear of chili. Yes, chili! Who would have thought but it was delectable. I would definitely take the drive out there again should I ever return to the Napa area. FYI - I dream about this brisket now!!!

Visited August 2011