All reviewsstainless steelpool and hot tubgranolasmall boutiqueprivate compoundamazing showerhigh maintenancewine countryfresh pastriescontinental breakfastfluffy towelsknowledgeable staffnespresso machineshower areafrench bakeryluxury hotelthe main square
Reviewed May 20, 2006

I did not know this hotel was included in "Hip Hotels USA" when I booked, but I recommend that potential guests read about the DuChamp. This is NOT a hotel of room service and buzz. What it delivers is the luxury of space, quiet and a sense of solitude. You are able to unpack all of your luggage in the ample closets, the heated pool was 6 steps from our room, and the outdoor jacuzzi under the stars - again alone - wonderful after dinner. Compare this pool with the new luxury hotel across the street, Le Mars -- theirs looks like San Quentin, dark and fenced-in. The shower is great fun with 3 different nozzles on 2 walls. You can walk to all of the restaurants -- our best meal was at Dry Creek Kitchen. We are bikers and there is a great 22 mile circle around the vineyards -- the biking is less hazardous to your health than in St. Helena.

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank Resort36847
Reviewed May 17, 2006

If you like small, simple, swank, clean boutique hotels with a great continental breakfast, this place is perfect. If you are wine tasting you will have about a 40 min. drive to Calistoga, St.Helena, etc. but overall it's a great little place!

3  Thank sbeia
Reviewed March 30, 2006

After seeing the thumbs down for this hotel or B&B I had to write a review, something I've never done before. The Duchamp isn't for everyone that is for sure, but if you are looking for privacy, space and modern, non hotel feeling then this is the best. On arrival we weren't convinced but after a few days and a stay at the Hotel Healdsburg, we would definitiely stay at the Duchamnp again. It does have a bit of an "attitude" but it's worth it. After we moved to Hotel Healdsburg, which is a great hotel, we definitely found we missed the spaceous Duchamp and its relaxing,minimilist feel. For the same price at Hotel Headlsburg we found we had no room for all our stuff and in 15 minutes the room was a mess; at Duchamp everything had a place & you didn't have to sit around looking at a mess. Not to forget - the CDs are great & loved by all we have given them to. I do agree they could be more generous in discounts or service recovery when something goes wrong.

• Stayed: October 2005
11  Thank MAPIND
Reviewed March 17, 2006

I was realy surprised to see the review of the 'Hip Motel 6' when I came to add my feedback!

My boyfriend and I stayed recently at The Duchamp and had a wonderful time. I've stayed in many hotels as part of my normal job, and it's definitely refreshing to stay at a hotel that is unique in design and decor. Really, how many thin paisley bedspreads can you stand? The rooms were very quiet and peaceful, with great personal touches such as the in room cds and terrific bath products. The beds had the most comfortable linens I've experienced in a long time.

Also if you go, catch the wine tasting at the Duchamp Winery, and make sure you rsvp early for dinner at Cyrus! Yum!

Healdsburg is definitely Napa without the attitude. I look forward to coming back to Healdsburg and the Duchamp!

• Stayed: March 2006
8  Thank MtzFoodLover
Reviewed March 12, 2006

During a recent trip to California wine country, I made the huge mistake of staying at this so called "Hip Hotel". This was unfortunately partly based on several positive recommendations on this site.

I really don't know what a self described hip hotel is supposed to look like, but I guess if comfort, warmth, service, etc. mean more to you than some bogus motel look alike that claims to be the cool idea du jour, definitely do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. If however bare concrete floors, uncomfortable furnishings, a dorm room like bathroom, management that never calls back after half a dozen calls, and a setting reminiscent of a trailer park appeals to you, then I think you'd love it.

At this price point, there are most certainly infinitely better and more enjoyable places to stay. Leave this one for the poor insecure souls who want to pay big bucks to try to be reassured of their "hipness" by being deprived.

• Stayed: January 2006