“Very different take on Mexican food”

Mateo's Cocina Latina
Reserve with OpenTable
Mateo's Cocina Latina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 99 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Matheson St
Description: California, French, Latin
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a lovely lunch at Meteo's. The dishes were not the usual type of Mexican food and featured local produce made into very interesting dishes. The wine, of course, was amazing and we all really enjoyed ourselves!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Mateo's is marvelous! Lovely outdoor seating. Fantastic Yucatan cuisine that is extraordinary in presentation and outstanding flavors. Would definitely go back and recommend to others!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Can't understand the hype about this restaurant! Although it does offer a different sort of Mexican cuisine than the usual taco and burrito place, it is WAY overpriced! Go to Agave for great Mexican or Casa de Mole for real Mexican food. Love El Sombrero if you are just in the mood for a great taco at a great price. I wanted to love Mateo's but just can't.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I ate in a wonderful fusion Mexican restaurant, Mateo. It was fantastic. I couldn't believe how good the service and food were. I had Cochinita Pibil which is a slow roasted suckling pig soaked in annatto seed. I am salivating about it two days later. My wife had the Preston braised tender lamb. Both were cooked to perfection. I also loved our waitperson, Eva, who was adorable. I can't recommend this restaurant enough. I am hoping that we will be going there many times in the coming years.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Fun, casual, relaxing are the words that describe this unique cafe. The tacos and tamales are different and wonderful. A great place for lunch