“EXCELLENT Mexican food with California flair”

Mateo's Cocina Latina
Reserve with OpenTable
Mateo's Cocina Latina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 99 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Matheson St
Description: California, French, Latin
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This chef knows what he's doing!! He has trained with the best in San Francisco and offers up the best Mexican food you will find in the Bay area! Plus...he uses local organic sourcing!! This is not your cheap taqueria. It's much more sophisticated and totally delicious!!

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Mateo's combines a unique take on mexican with the care in ingredients and preperation seen at the best wine country restaurants. Very part of the meal, from the chips to the tacos, was clearly carefully made, and different than any other mexican food I've had (and being from San Francisco, I've had my share.) If the weather is good make sure to grab a table in the outdoor space in the back. If you go for lunch try the huevos rancheros.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I love Mexican food and I have had the Yucatan flair, but this was just not good and not worth the price. The service was good, the margaritas were good, but I would never eat there again. I had tacos and they were just ok. There are other places to dine in Healdsburg for approximately the same price.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I went twice (Nov and Dec) and both meals were the best I had ALL year! Everything was amazing! I brought my brother the second time who was visiting from Southern California because he gets as excited as I do about food and h felt the same way! I'm not a seafood person but he said the ceviche was out of this world and both times I got to sample most of the menu and everything demonstrated superb quality. If you like spicy drinks, try the spicy margarita (extra spicy)!! I am addicted!

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Margaritas were weak, service was good, food was ok. Small portions, meat was tough, atmosphere is nice but could not see menu in the dark light. Probably will not return and save myself the $170 for four to dine!

1  Thank margaret b