“Really mexican food, no TEX-MEX”
Review of Agave

Agave
Ranked #28 of 105 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 25, 2019

Of the few authentic Mexicans, that is to say, far away from tex-mex and with a more than correct mole

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I ate here for the first time yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. The menu didn't offer as many "authentic" Mexican dishes - there was often a "twist" on the dishes listed. But the food was FABULOUS. This is now my new favorite Mexican Restaurant. I highly recommend that you at least try it out!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed January 19, 2019

We had lunch at the Agave Bar and Grille and it was very good….. we had chips and salsa brought out very quickly and the service was exceptional…. I had a great salad, great avocado, and a super drink!!!! This place was fast service and great food!!! I loved it!!!!!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 17, 2019

I met some friends here for dinner when I was visiting Healdsburg. I didn't necessarily have great expectations when I saw it was in a strip mall, sandwiched between Safeway and a Dollar Store. I couldn't have been more wrong. Having been fed a steady diet of mediocre Mexican food at all the restaurants further north where I live, I was completely delighted with how phenomenal the food was at Agave. I ordered the enchiladas with mole and this was without a doubt the best mole I've ever had in my life. Clearly homemade with skill and love - it was delightful. The Molotes appetizer were also excellent, the salsa and guacamole were top notch, and even the rice and beans were pleasantly good and lacking the usual heaviness of typical Mexican restaurants. Without a doubt this will be my go-to place for a meal when passing through the area - I can't wait to try everything else on the menu.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 5, 2018

Located in a strip mall just west of the main drag in Healdsburg (3rd exit at the roundabout heading north, 1st exit heading south on Healdsburg Avenue), Agave is a good option for "authentic" Mexican food at an attractive price point. The owner sources chocolate, spices and chili peppers directly from Mexico and his mother makes a killer mole negro in the kitchen daily. Tip: Agave is a Dosh and Yelp! cashback restaurant as well as participating in the Dining Rewards Network programs so you can get a bit of a discount as well as earn some frequent flyer miles by dining here.

Date of visit: November 2018