Hotel Healdsburg
H2 Hotel(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
$309
  • Breakfast included
$457
Best Western Dry Creek Inn(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
$157
Agoda.com
$101
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
$350
Official Site
$158
Hampton.com
L & M Motel(Healdsburg)
The Duchamp Healdsburg(Healdsburg)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdry creek kitchenwine countryspa treatmentssmoked salmonbeautiful hotellobby barloxwear and tearbathroom floorwalk in showersoaking tubmodern designincluded in the ratepool area isoverlooking the courtyardfrench doorsstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2007

Regretably, I must agree with the writer who had billing problems at this property - I will not go into the details because they are too tiresome to list; however, we, too, were on a package here that included: Suite, dinner, spa treatments; instead, we were charged for everything separately and it took the entire stay at the hotel to eventually get everything corrected. The suite we were supposed to have gotten, was only a room, and when I told the front desk that we were to have a suite, the front desk person said "we don't have any suites, just deal with it - besides, it's better than no room at all" and then she smirked. Also, a "gift" was promised because of our inconvenience, but it never materialized. This was such a bad experience, that I wrote a letter to the owner of the hotel - but, as I expected, never heard anything. The hotel itself is OK; the dinner was OK (though not what we had expected from Charlie Palmer - this may have been because of the horrible treatment we received at the hands of the hotel); but the attitude of the personnel from management to the desk, was horrid, atrocious, miserly, miserable, awful, and despicable. The only helpful people here were the bell staff...

Stayed: February 2007
12  Thank Perigrinator
Reviewed February 3, 2007

This is my idea of a great hotel: beautiful modern design with comfortably luxurious rooms and good food (in this case through the Dry Creek Kitchen restaurant). Add to that
-- a beautiful heated pool,
-- a lovely spa,
-- proximity to some truly wonderful wineries and
-- a warm staff, including the best concierge I've ever dealt with,
and I found the charms of the Hotel Healdsburg impossible to resist. All at an affordable price.

Sure, there were faults. The hot tub was in an underlit cave. The fitness center was a bit sparse (though the hotel is building a new one). And, most bizarre of all, there was no shelf for toiletries in the admittedly gorgeous shower in our room. While this may make for great design, it was annoying to have to bend to the floor to pick up your soap!

Still, I'm finding myself dreaming up excuses to return.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank booksma30
Reviewed January 2, 2007

I have to agree with some previous reviews that Hotel Healdsburg is very hip and chic, with modern interior and architecture. However, mordern doesn't necessarily have to be cold but that's what I noticed with the bathroom decor and overall service. It's a decent 4 star hotel but due to lack of smile and attentiveness, it stops at that.

Here are some positives during our stay and first time visit to Healdsburg:
1. The mattress is very firm, pillows low, and Frette linens making it very comfortable to sleep. Good job on the bed.
2. Nice touch of amenities including slippers and robes.
3. Nice healthy breakfast included with all guests. I cannot see how some people can complain, being that it's included in the rate. Even if it wasn't included, it certainly is better than other breakfasts I had in 4-5 star hotels.
4. Complimentary DVD library although somewhat limited even though we were there in the off-season with not many guests at the hotel.

Now for the negatives:
1. Bathroom is concrete throughout making it seem cold (and actually it is cold). Hint of wood may have solved that cold feel. I would certainly recommend the interior designer to look at the Sancturary in Scottsdale for a real chic and modern without the cold.
2. Very noisy in the mornings. We had the room that was facing the quiet side away from the main plaza overlooking the courtyard but that did not matter. The garbage truck came at 6:00am waking us all up. And then the noise of house keeping that followed...
3. Reception desk clerks very cold. Not a single smile during check-in or check-out. Only the bell man was courteous. You'll not find that in other 5 star hotels like the Ritz or Four Seasons.
4. Pretentious feel throughout the hotel, especially at the Dry Creek Kitchen.

Again, not a bad hotel with lots of promise. But reading other reviews here and the lack of service they reported, I can see that no improvements have been made thus far. With service improvements and attentiveness to their guests, I'm sure it can develop into much more. Pretending to be 5 star caliber but actually being one is different, at least in my books.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
8  Thank ttangbee
Reviewed December 30, 2006

Clean green sleek modern lines, fantastic location on the Plaza, very comfortable beds. Dry Creek Restaurant in the hotel is fine if a bit precious. Helpful staff at Reception. Tasty breakfast buffet, but understaffed, and so the tables are not cleaned adequately or quickly enough and the food is replenished slowly.

In general, the staff is not particularly well trained, the halls are not kept clean enough (or free of luggage carts), turn-down service at night happened some nights but not others.

Form over function, the funky reading lights over the beds did not work well. The hotel's heating/cooling system seemed dysfunctional, noisy, and the auto temperature selected had little bearing on the system. Open shower is pretty, but cold.

Overall, decent, but room for improvement. Still, adequate and a great location and pretty hotel for exploring northern Sonoma County.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Ricard0
Reviewed December 13, 2006

Folks, this is one of the best hotels you will ever stay in. We have a corporate rate at Hotel Healdsburg, and so every time I am up in Sonoma/Healsburg I stay there. They have THE MOST COMFORTABLE BEDS you will ever sleep in. The sunken tubs are fantastic, and the CD playing the room when you check in is a terrific touch. This place is "wine country chic" all the way.

Stayed: November 2006