“Wow-Wonderful Property”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
San Francisco, California
“Wow-Wonderful Property”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We returned from one night mid-week at the Hotel Healdsburg. Beautifully modern decor. Excellent, friendly service from the valet to the desk staff. Lovely breakfast in their beautiful lobby setting. I had a swim early in the foggy morning but the water was warm and it felt great. Our only issue was that we could never get the internet to work and they were out of ethernet cords as an alternative to the wireless. They said that other guests with Apple products have had the same problems-I'd love them to figure out the problem before our next visit! Other than that our stay was perfect! Loved the location. Great value with one of their winter specials. We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LucasValley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
New Jersey
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Loved our stay - great people at breakfast, helpful concierge and nice spa treatments. Only criticism was bar in hotel...never saw drinks made with such measured precision... What would really happen if your martini was really just measured by eye and went over the top?

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Faemuzzy
Lakeland, Fl
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Concierge at Hotel Healdsburg is great! Her name is Tegan and she really wants you to have a wonderful experience while in the Sonoma area. I think we went to every small, boutique winery that she recommended. We were there in January, so the tasting rooms were not crowded and for the most part, everyone was very helpful and friendly.
I have just read the other reviews of Hotel Healdsburg and I completely disagree with the rooms. We had a beautiful, large king room right on the square, 2nd floor. Yes, it was a little noisy, but that's what you get when you are on the square. It didn't bother us. We left the huge french doors open while in the room; lovely brown shutters covered the opening. The bed was wonderful, the bathroom with its huge walk in shower was beautiful. Breakfast was good; made to order omelets or waffles (I do agree that the bacon left a little to be desired). We borrowed the bikes one morning and went on a lovely ride at Tegan's suggestions. If limp bacon is the only thing wrong with a hotel, I'll go back any day!

San Diego, California
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Let's start with the only negative, and it's not a real big one. Ask to see the room rate they have for you when you check in, and examine your bill carefully when you check out. When I asked to confirm the rate upon check-in, it was higher than the one I'd secured online through their site. When I showed them my reservation they quickly agreed to honor the rate at which I reserved. I was on a promotion that allowed a $100.00 per day credit to be spent on the property, but upon check-out I had to ask that the proper credit be added to the bill, as it wasn't originally.

The hotel is pricey, but you do get some valuable extras included in your rate. The included breakfast buffet is easily worth $20 per person, All drinks and snacks in the room, including a bottle of decent wine, are also included. Valet parking is efficient and included as well. The restaurant on the property, Dry Creek Kitchen, is fine dining and quite good. We wound up with an accessible room, which we didn't ask for, so it may have been larger than others, but I was impressed with it's size, and that it overlooked the town square, and had a small balcony.

All in all, we felt we got our money's worth and would return.

3 Thank sdmcgrath
Milford
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We just returned from a great weekend in Healdsburg. Seven couples all stayed at this hotel. The staff is very friendly, the lobby and breakfast area with fireplace are beautiful, the service very quick(when asking for ice), cool bikes to use, and very accommodating when asked for a room change. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was huge with a walk-in shower and there was a huge soaking tub. I also loved the skin and hair products. The location can't be beat, the design of the hotel is really cool...modern...comfortable...and eco-friendly. We also loved our massage and the outdoor area is very cool! But....there are some places that need updating. In our room we had a tiny tv, it felt like a 24" tv...there is a huge wall space that could have accommodated this! In our bathroom the mirror was cracked, there was a place in our shower where the tiles had been repaired and you could see the grout and damaged area, and there was a missing picture by the soaking tub, (one was hanging on the left and there was a big space where another one had once been.) One other thing we found a little strange was that they use curtains to cover the closet doors and not something a little more modern. I was lucky enough to have seen a few of the rooms there because of our friends in other rooms. They were all pretty much the same. We did ask to change rooms on the first night as we were near the front of the building on the main street and it was noisy. When placed towards the back, it was very quiet. The next time we go back we will stay at H2 (see my review) and go to the spa here!

Room Tip: If you like a quiet room, ask for one not on the Main Street.
2 Thank Summerjenny
Napa, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed one night during the hotels slow season in January. We also made reservations for spa services the following morning. Upon check in, Jen greeted us and wasn't very informative or helpful. We had to ask her questions about everything, such as where we would find the spa, where the breakfast would be held in the morning and at what time??? No offer for a wake up call for our first spa service we booked in the early am either... Things that the employees should be trained on to be prepared for guests upon arrival. When we made it to our room it was quaint and looked very clean...except that some of the lamps didn't have any light bulbs in them?? Very tacky! I would have assumed that the front desk would of called to check and see how our room was, something I would highly suggest for all hotels in case there is anything wrong. Our room had the deep soaking tub which we took advantage of and it was nice and relaxing. The shower sadly needs some updating. The shower head had alot of calcium build up and didn't have the greatest pressure, Water did get all over the place and we had to use alot of towels for clean up. The bed was very comfortable and we both had a great nights sleep! Breakfast in the morning was served in the lounge and had a wide selection of food. Candy was working the waffle and scramble station...by far the best waffles I've ever had! Fluffy and delicious! They also had fresh fruit, bagels and smoked salmon, eggs and potatoes. I must say that the bacon wasn't very good, and I love bacon! It was in a buffet tray and seemed to lose it's crispness...and we had breakfast at 8:00am...so who knows how long it had been sitting there. Coffee and fresh squeezed OJ was servedas well.
The Spa is very small. I was very disappointed because my boyfriend and I wanted a relaxing day and booked a whole days worth of services. The locker rooms were very small, only one shower and one toilet. No water in there for rehydration, especially after a massage. The laundry basket for dirty towels and robes was very full. Seemed it wasn't being kept clean frequently. We started with a manicure and pedicure, side by side which was fun, but again really small. The chairs we sat in had no jets for the feet, it was just a soaking feature. The ladies that did our nails were absolutely friendly and professional. Very kind and our pedicure and manicure turned out beautiful. We then had our facials, which were done at different times because there's only one esthetician, so we couldn't be together for that. Both of us enjoyed our time with that, separately. The massage we were disappointed in...we booked the couples treatment and it was in a very brightly lit room, and right by the pool. There wasn't anything relaxing about it. You could hear, I believe a family with a child running around...it was mid afternoon so direct sunlight coming in from the window...I wasn't impressed at all...The therapist was amazing I highly recommend Todd, he focused on the areas I needed worked on and he was friendly and professional as well.
Overall for the price I expected to have that WOW FACTOR but I was very disappointed and would not recommend it to anyone who looking to be relaxed. Location is very convenient, if that's what your looking for. It's very close to everything and centrally located to different restaurants which are walking distance but save your money and check out other options.

2 Thank Superbea707
Emma M, Manager at Hotel Healdsburg, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us valuable feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. In regards to your experience at the spa, we are a small boutique property and sometimes other guests are in the immediate area so noise can potentially be an issue. We are so glad you enjoyed your services however. Our therapists are very talented. We are in the process of updating our bathrooms in the guest rooms, part of which is adding new shower heads as well as lighting upgrades, so we appreciate you taking the time to mention this. We hope that you will plan another trip to visit us and give us the opportunity to supply that WOW factor that we know we are capable of. Please feel free to reach out me directly if you chose to rebook with us in the future.
Sincerely, Emma Martinson
Director of Operations
Ardmore, OK
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The ambiance is warm, cozy, yet windows should have a good cleaning, inside and out, carpet is frayed in places. The hotel is very clean, the private, outside sitting area on second floor is in need of a good manicure. In all fairness, we only stayed one night, so this review could go another direction if we had visited longer. We asked many times for either another room or heat in the room because the central heat and air would not come on at all in our suite. Stephanie told us in no uncertain terms there was nothing else available and to deal with it, but I checked on line and found availability and talked to someone else who gave us a different room. I'm so glad because it was quite cold inside the room and outside, too.
That evening, we enjoyed the well appointed, comfortable,sitting room/bar, lobby, sporting a huge, warm, gas-lit fire. The next morning our "free with your room" european style breakfast buffet, is delicious, with an beautiful display of salmon, bacon, scones and very strong coffee. Regardless, of our troubles with the almost quality property, we will most likely stay again when we visit Healdsburg. I really do want Hotel Healdsburg to do a good business and am glad they are making a go of it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Salyeniatravels
Emma M, Manager at Hotel Healdsburg, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay with us, and hope to be able to rectify the issues you have mentioned. We have been working closely with designers and are excited to be receiving new furniture in March. I apologize for the issues with the heat in your original room and am glad we were able to relocate you. We are working with engineers at the moment to ensure that our heat and a/c systems are working to the best of their ability. Please reach out to me directly if you would like to rebook and stay again, as I want to ensure your next stay with us is flawless.
Sincerely, Emma Martinson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
#2 of 25 in Santa Rosa
Farmhouse Inn
Farmhouse Inn
#1 of 2 in Forestville

Been to Hotel Healdsburg? Share your experiences!