“Great relaxing fun” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
south carolina
“Great relaxing fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights on way to SF. Very nice people and excellent service. I like inclusive price. Included valet parking, breakfast , in room snacks, Internet, bikes. When you take that into consideration , very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank wofford79
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your post. We are so happy to hear that you appreciate all the property amenities and found the experience to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Hotel Healdsburg & h2hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

First off, this place is insanely overpriced for what it is. Save your $$ and book at their sister property, H2, which is far more appealing. My experience started with the reservation: this being my first time at this property, I called to book so I could discuss room options with the reservationist. I was - three times - put through to the voicemail of an employee who only worked Tuesdays & Thusdays(?). When I finally reached an actual person, I was quoted a higher rate than what I was seeing online (at their site, mind you). When I pointed this out, I was once again put through to the voicemail of the absent employee. This is your reservation system? I should have taken the hint and looked elsewhere. Instead I booked online, having not succeeded in reaching a human who could assist me.

My room, a double queen, was over $500/night and was ... a room. Nothing special, could have been any hotel, no real design elements to speak of. Teeny excuse of a balcony, and yes, cold blasts of water in the shower. By comparison, the H2 down the block has the light, modern aesthetic down pat. But hey, free nuts & water! Unlike other reviewers, I did not notice noise from adjoining rooms, or anything unreasonable from the street.

Service was spotty. The check-in was fine, and in-room dining from the downstairs pizza joint was excellent. Probably one of the better complimentary breakfasts out there. The lobby bartender was aces with the service all weekend, bring our drinks out to the lawn and dispensing great dinner recommendations. The pool is kind of sad - one side only has chairs, no lounges, and the water is WAY too cold. The single employee working the pool area was clearly spread too thin; at first we couldn't even find him, and the front desk's response was not, "I'll send someone out to assist," but, "He must be on break. If you wait a bit, I am sure he will show up." Thanks for nothing!

As for the general property, I loved the open courtyards, stairwells and light all around. There are strange corners where furniture just seems to be stored haphazardly, and shoddy details here and there (like the badly taped rug at check-in, yeesh). Not huge issues, but not what I would expect for the price. I have stayed at several wine country hotels & resorts, and this is the first that I truly felt was not worth what I paid. I won't come back.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have balconies; some are in interior courtyards with windows only.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank JenniferEJ
Dear Guest,
I’m so sorry to hear about your frustrating reservation and service experiences. We have spoken to our desk staff and reservations department to ensure these issues will not happen again. It is our utmost priority that our guests get responsive service.
I’d like to discuss your experience with you further. Please contact me at your convenience by e-mailing me at Emma@hotelhealdsburg.com or calling me at 707-431-2800.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

What can get you more nervous than checking in to tripadvisor on your way to a destination hotel and finding out that the last several reviewers all trashed it? My wife and I almost canceled on the way from SFO! So glad we didn't! This hotel is beautiful, in the heart of charming Healdsburg, our room was quiet, there was no smoke from the street or restaurants, and the shower was a hot, soothing deluge shower. Not sure what the issues were with the recent haters, but this was a great find. BTW, the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more accommodating. Breakfast was included and was excellent. Only wish their bagels tasted as fresh as their other pastries.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite, 317. Quiet, spacious, beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pixeldoc
Dear Guest,
We are so happy you decided to keep your reservation, and you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Healdsburg. We will definitely take a look at our bagels to make sure they are as fresh as can be. We look forward to welcoming you back to Healdsburg.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I live in San Francisco, but one of my favorite things to do is spend the weekend or longer at the Hotel Healdsburg and go wine-tasting, shopping, cycling, or hanging out in Healdsburg, particularly with my girlfriend. The best part, actually, is the hotel. I've traveled all over the world and the building and design of HH is one of the best: lobby, building, feeling. Best is the rooms: the shower, beds, and look and feel just fit. (I know I sound like a shill, but this is the first time I've taken the time to write a TripAdvisor review...)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank StewartTwo
Dear Guest,
It is so nice hear that you have enjoyed your time at Hotel Healdsburg and appreciate the design and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you pay over $900.00 for a suite it should be awesome. In this case it looked like a hotel in some small town in Arizona. Wood shutters that did nothing to keep out the smoke and noise from the street and restaurant below. We were there 2 nights and will never stay there again. No room service, however, they provide breakfast in the lobby area. To take a shower you have to be in the shower with cold water on for quite some time before it gets hot, then it goes from hot to cold, very poor planning. There is very poor lighting in the bathroom. The They really supply very little.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel or a room on the back of the property not facing the street and not over the re...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank crownpacificgroup
Emma M, Manager at Hotel Healdsburg, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest, I'm sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We do offer room service from both Dry Creek Kitchen and Pizzando during restaurant hours with our harvest breakfast served in the lobby. We apologize if this information was not conveyed to you. Given our downtown location, we do encounter street noise on our Plaza facing rooms from time to time. As mentioned in earlier posts, we are in the process of sound proofing our rooms and all our Plaza facing Suites should be completed shortly. We are addressing your hot water concerns with our maintenance team. Your report is the first we have heard since we made some recent upgrades.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further.
Director or Operations
chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

For $465/night you would think the walls of the hotel would be insulated, but they aren't. We heard every conversation at the outdoor seating of the hotel's resturant until 1:30am each night. The acoustics are amazing that the voices can be so clear on the third floor. In addition, during our five night stay nothing that was used in the bathroom was replaced. Had I known I would not have used the make up removal pad the first night. Also, some nights fresh baked treats were placed by our bed, but not every night. I can only assume that was an oversight, which should not be occurring at this level of property. I would not recommend this hotel, very disappointing.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not near a restaurant or in a courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lostinindia
Travis L, Front Office Manager at Hotel Healdsburg, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of sound-proofing our rooms. We expect a substantial reduction in noise when this is complete. Your concerns about the housekeeping service will be addressed with the housekeeping manager. Our goal is complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Travis Lott
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel is quite lovely and nestled in the heart of the quaint town of Healdsburg. The hotel has a fun contemporary vibe, offers a lovely breakfast, has immaculate grounds and a nice wine selection to enjoy out on the lawn. All of that was great! The rooms, however, are another story. We booked two nights at the inn, as part of our 7-day trip through California's wine country. We arrived on my husband's birthday with an offer from the front desk to have a complimentary bottle of champagne delivered to our room. The champagne never arrived, despite my follow up inquiry with the front desk. The first night, we were in a room overlooking the plaza. We anticipated some street noise, but were startled to learn that the pizza restaurant, located directly below our room, would be serving guests on the patio, well past 2am. It sounded like diners were in our room. After a difficult night with little sleep, we were denied hot showers, instead experiencing varying cold to medium water from this otherwise lovely shower. After the first night, we were moved to another room. The second room was much smaller, was located above the service door to the other restaurant on the property, and the in-room ventilation system rattled non-stop. The water issues persisted the following morning. Despite our frank feedback with the front desk staff, we received no special accommodation. For the price, this was an extremely disappointing stay. Fortunately, our vacation lodging improved greatly, after we left this property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sleeple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
#2 of 25 in Santa Rosa
Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant
Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant
#1 of 2 in Forestville

Been to Hotel Healdsburg? Share your experiences!