“Discover unseen wine country with the Wine Carriage!”
Review of The Wine Carriage

The Wine Carriage
Book In Advance
More Info
$200.00*
and up
Wine Tasting Tour by Horse & Carriage
More attraction details
Owner description: Travel deep into the vines of Sonoma's wine country to premium tastings at boutique wineries. As part of the tour, our guests will be guided through the gothic chambers of a wine cave and be treated to a barrel tasting from one of the oak casks. Traveling over hill and dale in a carriage pulled by two magnificent horses, you'll enjoy tastings at 3 award-winning wineries, receive a discount on wine purchases, and be served a lavish, locally-sourced gourmet picnic in a setting featuring a stunning view. Chilled spring water is available on board. Enjoy the relaxed pace, breath-taking scenery and world class wines while leaving the traffic far behind. Your coachman will provide an insider's view of the local history, the lifecycle of the vines, and the wine-making process. This is more than a wine tour -- it's a unique and romantic wine tasting adventure! Check out our web page at TheWineCarriage for tour details and a bonus tasting.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

The Wine Carriage is a delightful way to explore Sonoma wine country. I took my first ride with a group of friends in July and I can’t wait to bring more friends and family back to experience it. Bret and Lily are consummate hosts and give a great, easygoing, and personal behind-the-scenes tour that you just can’t get anywhere else. Cody and Cheyenne, their beautiful Belgian draft horses, will take you on a comfortable ride that’s off the beaten path and feels like it’s been created just for you. At times you’ll ride straight through the vines, and along the way you'll see historic landmarks, sites of local interest, and get a true sense the land and the people that work on it. And, of course, there's the wine! The carriage stops at great wineries, including Alexander Valley, Hanna and Soda Rock, for leisurely tastings. You never feel pressured to move along quickly, and the wineries are incredibly hospitable. We tasted great new wines and bought several bottles to enjoy at home. The Wine Carriage is truly an exceptional way to experience wine country.

1  Thank Jenny S
There are newer reviews for The Wine Carriage

Reviewed August 22, 2014

A group of my friends and I decided to go wine tasting together to celebrate a birthday. We stopped in downtown Healdsburg to pick up some snacks and sandwiches for the picnic during the tour. I had such a wonderful time. I enjoyed the warm weather and traveling through the vineyard by horse and carriage. So much more pleasant and relaxing than getting in and out of a car. The tour guides were very warm and welcoming. They seem to love what they do. I have been on this tour twice now and plan on going at least once a year.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Hands down the best all around wine tasting I've ever done! Coupled with the laid back carriage ride, gourmet snacks and great company of the guests and the driver; jaw dropping views, a grand history of the valley and.....oh yes, amazing wine seem to have completed the experience! Highly recommended for anyone, from sommeliers to those that appreciate the equestrian arts at its finest.

1  Thank 4belowme
Reviewed August 15, 2014

A friend invited me along on a Wine Carriage tour and I had no idea what I was getting into. It turns out that this is the best way to go wine tasting. Enjoying wine as we rode through farm trails, over bridges and right through vineyards was amazing. Our driver Bret, who is also the owner was a great host with all sorts of local knowledge of the area. Now that I know about the carriage tour, I can't imagine a better way to experience wine country. Thanks!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was the greatest wine tasting tour I have ever been on. It was so great I had to do it twice. In addition the the beautiful surroundings and the majestic animals, this trip stimulated my intellectual side with great background on the local history. The tour guild was friendly and inviting. The wines were truly world class. This is a not to be missed experince.