“nice hote, nice feel, not for everyone” 4 of 5 bubbles

H2 Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Scotland
“nice hote, nice feel, not for everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I think how much you like this will be determined by how much you like the hip/eco feel of the place with its bare wooden floors and open wet-room shower, and the minimal blackout on the windows that mean light streams in unavoidably from first light. I was still a little jet lagged from travelling from the UK, so the 6am wake-up was not a problem. I liked the feel of the rooms, the free chilled water and wifi, the big comfy bed (though just *too* many sheets and fluffy mattress toppers to make it a bit like sleeping on a big and soft marshmallow). Breakfast is included and is OK. Situation is convenient with plenty of parking around too. Easy to walk into the centre of town just a couple of minutes away. I think the rooms would not suit many senior or very traditionalist travellers perhaps, but I found a lot to like about the H2.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at Hotel Healdsburg (HH) about a dozen times over the years, and thought it was time to try their sister property H2H - glad I did. HH has more of a luxury feel, as it should with its higher pricing. H2H is the young hipster to HHs refined adult.
I think our suite at H2H for $495 was a pretty good deal. Room was big with a great layout. As mentioned by others the design and decor is very modern and a little stark, but we still found it to be very comfortable. Beds (including pullout) are cozy and comfy, and we loved the soaking tub. My biggest complaint with the room was the brightness. Sounds strange maybe, but there was just too much natural light - seeping in from closed shudders and pouring in from high uncovered windows from 5:30am until sundown (and at night the street lamp light could be seen). Next time I will bring an eyecover for sure. And earplugs. The noise at H2H isn't as bad as at the painfully loud HH (because of the square) but it's far from quiet. Exterior and interior noise are prevalent.
I LOVED the water bars with refillable glass bottles throughout. So nice not to generate all the plastic waste from the water bottles one often finds throughout other hotels. One green aspect that's a bit of a drag (though I def get the rational for it) is that the electricity only works when your key (and you presumably) is in the room - a common setup in Europe. So no AC while you're out. In the summer you will return to a warm room and have to wait for it to cool off. Again I get the wastefulness of having AC on for no one, but maybe they could have the central temp set a touch cooler so that it's not quite so warm in the summer afternoons. Temp, brightness and noise do not make for good post wine lunch napping! :(
I found the service to be mixed. Everyone was pretty efficient but a few were a touch too cool to be friendly. Get over yourself.
At the price we paid I would definitely return. If it were priced the same as HH I definitely would go to HH instead as it's more my style and speed - prettier, better service and amentities and much better breakfast. But at the lower prices H2H is a great option. I'll likely be back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at H2 for one night on our recent trip through wine country. Our only complaint is that we did not stay longer! This is a great little property. Modern furnishings, all the comforts of home, large (very clean) rooms, and great service from the staff. The hotel is right in the middle of the town - walking distance to tasting rooms, restaurants, etc. While we did not eat at the property, we did have a few drinks at the hotel bar (SpoonBar) which is a trendy mixology type bar with drinks that are incredible.

The hotel has bikes that you can ride for 3 hours free of charge, free car parking around the block, and a free continental breakfast (we did not eat there but it was a fairly typical breakfast). The hotel is within a short distance of TONS of wineries in the area. We wish we would have stayed another 2-3 nights here. If you are considering the Healdsburg area, definitely look into the H2. Hotel Healdsburg is just 2 blocks away and around twice the price. We did stop by the bar there and it was a very nice property as well. The H2 was more our style. We did not have one single complaint while we were there. We would book there again in an instant if back in the area!

• Stayed June 2013
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is close to the square and is very modern and nice. We were pleased with the swanky lobby and beautiful entrance and the room was lovely. The beds was uncomfortable and too squishy but that is my only complaint!

• Stayed May 2013
Santa Rosa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We spent a wonderful afternoon at this cute hotel. Nice amenities, great location and excellent staff. The hotel is beautiful, well laid out and very clean. It is right across from the town Plaza and has a hip vibe to it. A great place to relax.

Green Features: Really up to date and glad to see the efforts. In this day and age of bei g green , this place has it down and right. Way to go guys.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rick Y
austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've been to the H2 twice now.... once for dinner and once for an overnight stay. As mentioned, it's located in the heart of Healdsburg and has an interesting design and layout. I found it visually appealing with a good vibe. The room wasn't spectacular but I wasn't disappointed. Dinner was the highlight for us as they serve great food. I did not view the bill so I do not know what kind of damage was done to the wallet, but presentation and taste were excellent. I did notice one reviewer did not like the selection at breakfast. Perhaps they didn't know that you can order items from one of the attendants at the bar. There is a fairly decent selection of foods to choose from that are displayed, but you can also order other items at no charge. All in all, had a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank chadblessing
Vienna, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just returned from a great trip in Healdsburg, CA. Our 4 night stay at H2 Hotel was the perfect place. Rooms were extremely comfortable. Unlimited Filtered or sparkling water on each floor. Great hotel restaurant and bar. The staff were extremely helpful.

Green Features: One of the most environmentally friendly hotels I have stayed.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scott H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
#1 of 2 in Forestville
Vintners Inn
Vintners Inn
#2 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to H2 Hotel? Share your experiences!