“Modern Oasis” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Modern Oasis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Loved this place, right out of the gate. My request for a sunny room was honored, as was my (rather picky, I admit) request to not park my car within door-dinging distance of other cars in the valet lot. Some other service was spotty (the woman who idly cleaned glasses at the bar and flat-out ignored my cocktail-wanting self), but for the most part I was pleased.

They have a restaurant on-site, and while they don't have service at the pool, you can request plastic cups for your cocktails and bring them out yourself. The pool gets lots of sun and is surrounded by grass & trees. It is small but very well laid out.

Some other reviewers have noted the noise levels. I will admit, I would not recommend this place for someone sensitive to noise. Some of the rooms get street noise off the balconies; you can also hear doors closing from the hallway. However, I could not hear anything from the adjoining rooms (voices, etc). Overall the noise did not bother me, but then again I am a city girl who is used to it.

I LOVED the room and deck. The room was full of light, there was a ton of counter and storage space, and it was all ultra-modern. A fridge with pre-filled bottles of still & sparkling water is provided, which you can refill in the hall for no charge. They also have bikes you can borrow.

I didn't see a room service menu, but I did have drinks & dessert from Spoonbar sent up. The drinks were delicious; the desserts were bizarre. Regardless, I love this place and will be back!

Room Tip: Sunny rooms are close to the road and can be noisier; quieter rooms get less light.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JenniferEJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Copenhagen Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We recently stayed for 6 nights at this great hotel!

We especially liked:
The complimentary bikes. Really made our stay!
The complimentary breakfast was nice.
Had dinner twice at spoonbar (the restaurant). Both times were perfect.
Great pool for a dip on a hot afternoon
Location can't be beat
Lovely bathroom products - and bathroom
Overall decor was nice and pleasant to look at
STAFF - thanks, all, you do a really good job!

The master bed were a little on the softer side and we had to ask for a duvet for our daughter, who slept on a sofa bed and was only given a sheet. They searched for a duvet and found one, which was nice, but we were never given a cover for it. We ended up just placing it between two sheets.

Our room was light and spacious and had a balcony as well as a larger patio. Nice place to hang out and have a sip of your newly bought wines. We had a view of the garden and pool, and I assume that this is supposed to be the quiet side... bear in mind that the freeway is just on the other side of the garden, and you can definitely hear it if you are sitting outside or have the balcony door open. Once you close the balcony door there's no noise from outside.

We learned that we had access to the fitness room at Hotel Healdsburg but must admit that even though we were there for 6 days we did not use it. We biked around town instead.

Healdsburg is a lovely town to stay in. We will definitely be back to both Healdsburg and H2.

PS: Travelled with husband and 12 yo daughter.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you are staying in the Healdsburg area this hotel is the best choice. It is a beautiful hotel in the center of town. It is in walking distance from shops, restaurants, and tasting rooms. The rooms are large, clean, and most importantly quiet. The staff was very professional and helpful. The complementary bikes where a nice bonus. The bar is amazing, definitely a good place for a night cap. We had other choices but we definitely picked the right place. I hope to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 247_Travelers
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a lovely hotel that is very well thought out with many details in support of it's eco-conscious luxury theme (full size spa toiletries, lights that are activated by your room key so you can't leave them on, bottled still and sparking water in reusable carafes, in room recycling, bikes for guest use, etc.). The rooms also have nice modern touches - flatscreen TVs, alarm clocks with iPhone charging stations, etc.

The free breakfast was varied and generous with good quality coffee. The bar has a dizzying array of small batch liquors but a very helpful bartender to help you navigate and sample the options if you're game to explore.

I had two issues that make me hold back from giving H2 a 5, both of which relate to actually sleeping there. The beds were soft for my taste and the pillows too large and firm - luxurious, but my back ended up hurting. This is a personal issue which might not impact others. Also, my room faced the main street and as a light sleeper I found the sound of passing cars intrusive. It's not a terribly busy street, but if I returned I would request a room facing away from the street to get a better night's sleep.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, definitely request a room facing away from the main street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I just love this place! We are staying here now for a wedding weekend. Right in the middle of adorable Healdsburg, with shops, restaurants everywhere. A block from an old fashioned town square.

The hotel is CLEAN, fresh, GREEN, luxurious, wonderful! I have dust allergies, and this place is sparkling clean. No problems at all.
The room is huge with a balcony looking over the urban garden. We are in 313. Purified ice cold water available on every floor.

It has a wonderful open lobby, daily wine sampling, and a fantastic restaurant.

You can use the gym at its sister hotel just down the street. Bike rentals available here at the hotel.

Don't look any further-just book here. I spent a lot of time looking around and should have just booked this place immediately!

Room Tip: Ask for an interior facing room, overlooking the urban garden from your balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

You really can't beat the location - right on Healdsburg square, walking distance to shopping, restaurants and tasting rooms. Don't let the eco-friendly hotel put you off - the rooms are large and hip. We loved the open bathroom, the cold water available, the comfy bed. Be careful of rooms facing the street as they can be noisy. As another reviewer noted, all of the bedding is down, so allergy sufferers beware - they have a limited supply of hypoallergenic pillows. Breakfast is better than most free breakfasts, including lox, quiche, made to order waffles, etc. Don't be surprised when you can't find the front desk - it's part of the bar. And speaking of the bar, don't miss their delicious, retro cocktails - a welcome relief after the wine tasting. The hotel is fun and inviting, including having bicycles to loan and a beautiful lap pool. One drawback is no dedicated parking. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Be wary of rooms facing the street, especially on lower floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Being an East coaster, I was a little worried about an eco-hotel, but was quickly relieved upon check-in. Our room was really large and really comfortable. The bathroom is open and they have lovely toiletries - only comment is since the shower is completely open, you can't build up steam, so the air doesn't heat up. The floors are pretty and the geometric windows refreshing. I like having a sitting area in the room. We had a cute balcony!

Breakfast is delicious, including quiche, made-to-order waffles, home-mae yogurt, fruit and most importantly nice, dark fresh coffee.

We found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. One thing they had to do for me was to switch out the feather pillows for hypo-allergenic ones. The bed and pillows are down otherwise, so allergy sufferers beware and just let them know. They helped with winery suggestions and shopping ideas. There was a wine hour with a local winery which was a nice touch.

Make dinner or lunch reservations at Spoonbar before you come - it's AMAZING!

Healdsburg is pricey, so I didn't consider this high for the region. This hotel is in the middle of town, walking distance to great shops. There was plenty of street parking. The room, lobby with bright colored couches and chairs and service made it feel worth the spend.

Room Tip: 401 is large and the balcony overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
#1 of 2 in Forestville
Vintners Inn
Vintners Inn
#2 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to H2 Hotel? Share your experiences!