“Alot... for not not much”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of H2 Hotel

H2 Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Francisco, California
“Alot... for not not much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I arrived to H2 Hotel with my mom for a nice mother/daughter weekend. The room was small, city small for the price and the room was bright all night from the street light peering in from the main avenue outside. The room was hot (even though it was freezing outside) and awoke several times in the night to try and adjust the setting which didn't seem to work. I resorted to opening the window only to find out that it was really loud. We came to get away from the city however, this room was feeling more like the city than my actual apartment in the city. The next day, I mentioned how hot the room was and was told that the setting needed to be adjusted at the front desk.(ok good to know). I also asked if there was anything they could do about the light shining through, maybe an eye mask? No, but they sent someone up to hang a sheer sheet over the bathroom window (note, heavy curtains do the trick in most hotels).

Room Tip: Room 207 - not great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I went to Healdsburg for our anniversary in Sept. 2012. We loved Healdsburg and would definitely like to go back.
After doing some research, I found H2Hotel and they had a great package so I booked right away. We had a great stay and really enjoyed the hotel. I'll break it down with pros and cons.

Cons first (there aren't many):
- We had a great little balcony and while it was a nice size, it wasn't inviting. We were here for a short time but I don't think we would have used it anyways.
- On our last night, our bathroom was overcome with ants. I mentioned it to the front desk at checkout and she apologized but didn't offer anything which I thought would have been nice.

Pros:
- this hotel is really clean and sleek (ants notwithstanding)
- the water in our room and stations throughout the hotel are a nice feature
- the hotel is located in a great area of town. We had rented a car but were able to walk around a good bit.
- we booked the package that included tasting tickets and these helped us discover some great wineries we may have not tried otherwise (Seghesio Family Vineyards)
- the breakfast is pretty great to be included. We went for a hike one morning (close by) and came back to a healthy breakfast which was nice.
- we had drinks and dinner at the hotel restaurant and the food was better here than some of the more expensive dinners we had in Napa.

Room Tip: We were on the end unit towards the back of the hotel and while this made the room quiet, I wonder i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I started our 25th Anniversary trip to California at the H2 Hotel. The hotel has a new look and feel with colorful and contemporary design. We got a nice room on the fourth floor and a bottle of local red wine awaiting in the room as an anniversary present. We enjoyed the daily bar happy hour with cocktails and small plates as well as the morning breakfast included with the room. The staff is all great -- young and very helpful. The location is tops in Headsburg -- just a block or two away from restaurants, wine bars, town square and Dry Creek Market.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lawyer47
lax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Was up for a 50th bday weekend. Expected just a hotel. Was blown away by the beauty of this place. Uber modern which i suspect has won every kind of LEED and architectural award one could hope for. Just gorgeous.

The room was very clean and spartan compared to most ruffled hotel rooms. Loved the bed (could hardly get myself out of its plush comforter). Loved the flooring. Bathroom was spartan but terrific too. Also, the milk bottles of bubbly and still water (gratis) in the rooms was very welcome.

Free (first come first served) bikes downstairs. Hip but tranquil pool. Great lobby to just sit and enjoy the decor.

Wifi was great and free.

Location is ideal -- a block from the square.

I've been in at least a dozen hotels in the past year. This one wins hands down.

Oh, the only negative was that they only had one reading light on one side of the bed -- so if you wanted to read while your spouse slept, you'd have to shift spaces.

Room Tip: We faced the main street. Not an issue with the door closed, but would be in the warmer months. I...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paul518
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nice spot but never got a smile or thank you from desk person . Valet staff was friendly. We enjoyed the cold water in the rooms very modern European feeling of the room we would stay again but hope for new front desk staff

• Stayed February 2013
Salida, Co. USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just returned from a short two night stay in Healdsburg. I think the business plan at the H2Hotel is set at couples enjoying the wine country. This hotel is quite nice, well worth the price. Valet parking, nice breakfast, good amenities. If you're interested in working out you have the ability to walk down the street to their more upscale hotel, The Hotel Healdsburg, so fitness is there as well.
I 'think' all the rooms are set up with a soft King size bed, if you're traveling with a buddy and need one room, but two beds, they can accommodate you, thing is, what they do is to simply split the bed into two parts, which leaves one with sort of a single bed. That was fine with me, but my buddy felt like it was too narrow for the quality of this hotel. So you make the call there...
Otherwise the bar in the lobby appears to attract a hip crowd; the folks working there are all very nice, as well as accommodating; they have bikes that they'll loan out for free, and their central location can't be beat.
Healdsburg is a nice place, if you're thinking about going I'd highly recommend the H2Hotel.
All the Best, Salida1048

Room Tip: Would recommend a room off the street, actually ask for one on the top floor. This place has six ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

1st impressions count - the good looking guy & the girl with him on the front desk were far from friendly & welcoming!

The room (215) was great. The bed/pillows all super comfy, the tub in the room was great, the balcony sweet with lots of natural light. The negative thoughts were that the smell of mould/mildew was quite strong & the unavoidable noise from the guests in the room above us what startling. Think along the lines of being under a baby elephant.

We loved the complimentary public bikes & did a 12 mile ride to some of the vineyards. The part we were miffed about was that the guy on front desk could have advised us that the ride along west dry creek rd is pretty precarious. Ie advice along the lines of take a helmut & be careful as its a windy road with not much shoulder space for cyclists would have been well heeded. Lucky for us we did that part by car.

We had followed some people's advice on trying the cocktails at spoon bar-they were fine but nothing to rave about...but the waitstaff were all accommodating & friendly.

If you're going to do a complimentary continental breakfast then do it right. Is it that difficult to cut some fresh fruit (vs whole), offer a few different milk options (rather than whole milk only), have napkins on the table & maybe remove last nights wine gasses from my table?

All in all we had a fab bloomspot deal so it was a good stay but certainly marred by the service. If I was paying $400+/nt I would be incredibly peeved with the level of service.

We couldn't quite figure out if the staff just didn't care or if they were just trying to be cool.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Camnicsydney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
#1 of 2 in Forestville
Vintners Inn
Vintners Inn
#2 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to H2 Hotel? Share your experiences!