“Did not want to leave”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Did not want to leave”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This place is unbelievable. Spent part of my honeymoon here and it was fantastic. My wife and I said, "Every detail was thought of", multiple times during our stay. Our room was awesome, the bathroom was huge and the bed was luxurious. The staff at the front desk was there for anything we needed and the bartenders were very helpful for drink recommendations, which were spot on. If you like staying at a place where you never want to leave and go home, then stay here. We will be back.

1 Thank co3333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed August 28, 2012

If you like thumbing through Dwell magazine, you will love this hotel. It is modern, minimal, and true to the green design experience-- chic at the same time. Because the reservation was made last minute, we did end up with a room overlooking Healdsberg Avenue which I had heard would be loud and disruptive. But it wasn't bad at all. The staff was efficient and helpful and the room was comfortable and well appointed. If you want to stay in the middle of town, this hotel is a great choice.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street over look patio and pool and appear to be the best choice. Ask not to fa...
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Fabulous service, location and urban chic. Feels European, whilst being in downtown Healdsburg. Top marks to the team for fabulous service, from valet and Reception greeting to departure, and every point in between.
The bar and restaurant team were all extremely knowledgeable. The bar worked a large cocktail list, and creatively invented to suit tastes too.
Loved it. Recommend it. Want to go back.

Antigua WI
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the H2. The room was a suite and it had the MOST AMAZING open concept bathroom, large lovely tub with complimentary bath salts, lovely bathroom products. The whole room was clean and had a bright fresh airy feel. The bed was very comfortable - I just sank into it and never wanted to get out. The breakfast selection was good, lovely granola, cereal, bread, fruit, eggs, tea coffee, juice.

The location is super as well, right on the square close to all the Healdesberg amenities and some great restaurants and wine tasting boutiques. A pleasant surprise was the micro brewery around the corner with the best ever Bar B Que Oysters - what a treat!!!!!!!!

The downfalls were that this room was on the second floor and had a street light right at the window so my room was always bright - event at night with the shutters closed. At approx 500 USD a night - that was not cool in my opinion. The other was that the floors are wooden which looks great - but there was obviously a family with a baby in the room above me - so it did sound like a herd of elephants above my head between 7pm and 11pm. I am not sure what they can do about that, but they should definitely try and find a solution. I was fine when we were out for dinner etc but the one night we were home early it was a problem.

I would recommend this property - it was overall a good experience and I would definitely stay there again if I go back to wine country.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor so that there is nobody above you stomping around on the wood floors and so t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 22, 2012

H2 won me over with their bamboo floors...hotel carpets should be outlawed (think of the germs!). This hotel was adorably simple, clean and fancy at all the same time. The bed was a cloud that I never wanted to leave (if only there were not so many fun things to do in Healdsburg I could have literally stayed all day in the cozy bed).

The complimentary breakfast in the morning had the most delicious granola I have ever had; I wish I could snag their recipe!

The location is also fantastic, right in the midst of everything Healdsburg has to offer.

I wish we could have stayed another night! It was one of our favorite hotels we have stayed at during all of our travels.

There was not a gym in the H2 hotel, but they allow people to use their sister hotel fitness center which is only 1/4 mile away and was very well maintained.

modesto
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We really liked the convenience of the hotel. We could walk to anyplace around the square including many shops and resturants. The hotel had a European feel but was larger than most of those rooms. Very clean and attractive. We arrived around 7 PM and left the next morning at 9 AM but we were not bothered by noise and we were right above the busy street. The breakfast could have been better by offering something hot instead of all cold, but it was adequate.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I loved the H2 Hotel! I wasn't sure how I would like a "green" hotel, but I loved it. Our room was quiet with a super comfy bed. The decor was simple, white, and clean. There was an ice machine on our floor and it had ice chips, not cubes. Bonus! Continental breakfast was delicious! The scones were to die for. The restaurant/lobby area was surprisingly happening when we returned from our wine tasting. I have never stayed at any of the sister hotels so I can't make that comparison, but the hotel was magnificent and a great value compared to other properties in the area. Keep in mind this is a hotel so if you are expecting a resort you might be disappointed. I would not hesitate to return again and would recommend the hotel to others.

Dining Tip: Barn Diva was delicious!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DollFace73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
#1 of 2 in Forestville
Vintners Inn
Vintners Inn
#2 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to H2 Hotel? Share your experiences!