“Fantastic experience!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Houston TX
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

From entering the reception area, every step I took was amazing and the staff service was outstanding, warm, helpful! The modern elegant room was terrific and I loved every minute I spent in this place. I would love to stay here again!
My room was paid as part of a package rate on a tour, so I have no idea how the room prices are. I tried the bar & the breakfast buffet, but not the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I just spent a few days at H2 hotel to celebrate our 1-year wedding anniversary. The hotel had a modern eco-friendly funky feel to it. The hotel is a definitely 5 stars! The food was definitely 2-3 stars at best. I am rating the overall hotel as a 4 because the mediocre food.

Room: It was a cozy room with all kinds of lightening options. It was actually too many lighting options with my least favorite being the closet light that didn’t turn off unless you completely closed it. I adored the toiletries that were available for use; all of which smelled amazing and were all natural plant base. The water bar available on each floor was great. There was a small fridge perfect for storing small snacks we bought for our day trips out in the vineyards. The bathroom was a funky design that was interesting. The bed and linens were comfortable. Overall, the stay was great and we had a great time.

Food: Breakfast continental spread was decent. It was your typical granola, yogurt, breads, pastries, some whole fruits, and coffee, teas, + juices. I have several recommendations such as keeping things like yogurt and cream cheese on ice. Also, covering foods so that fruit flies and other bugs don’t land on it. I lose my appetite when I see a fly buzzing around uncovered food.
Their restaurant Spoon bar was the worst dining food venture in wine country for my husband and I to date! I recommend that they attempt to reinvent themselves and be a real Spanish tapas place! I think this could be a good move for them. Keeping the current with “the new chef” does not change anything. Several friends warned us it was mediocre.
We ordered:
Chilled watermelon salad – literally just pieces of chilled watermelon with sprinkled herbs. For $6…interesting.
Snap peas dish – decent. Maybe a tad too much dressing but I tend to go light on dressing.
Eggplant dish – sour. Too much sour taste…it was only a silver of a chinese eggplant so it’s funny that we didn’t even eat half the dish.
Bone Marrow – gross! I do not fault them for this at all. I was curious about this so my husband and I ordered it. I learned that bone marrow is not for me.
Salmon plate – okay. This dish definitely looked better than it tasted.
Braised short rib – a bad culinary mess! The meat was over flavored! Way too sweet. The idea to serve it was quinoa was good but all the bits of citrus in there did not work. All you could taste is sour bits. The random pieces of mushrooms did not add to the dish. We actually barely ate this dish because it just wasn’t worth the calories.
The hotel credit to eat at the restaurant was $90 and our bill was just shy of $80. So, other than letting everyone know it was gross we didn’t complain. However, sending back nearly full plates of food must let the staff know it not good. The waitress didn’t even ask us what we thought probably because she knew what we might say.
My husband was still hungry so we went around the corner and had a sausage dog at the “Wurst” and a milkshake. Nothing like a good sausage dog and your choice of toppings! mmmmm!

Room Tip: Rooms that have balcony facing the courtyard is not as private. Our room faced the outside and had...
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here and we thought the hotel was good. The ribosomes were great. Location excellent. Breakfast a bit basic but really the town has great coffee shops and cafes so that wouldn't cause me any concerns. I would highly recommend the hotel for headlesburg. The dinner we had at Cirus was fantastic and possibly the best I have ever had and I have eaten in a number of Michelin star resturants.

Napa, California
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed at H2 last week (JUNE 2012) and once again - absolutely loved this place. It's nice and quiet - very comfortable beds (my husband - 'I can't get out of this bed") and the pillows are great too. Loved the Spoonbar - a great place to go when you want to meet up with friends, etc. I used the bikes 2 days - a nice perk to run around town - my husband was on work travel and I took a bike out to shop and wine taste in the square - the bikes have baskets and locks - loved it - not for the seriouse road biker - but great for me!!!

Room Tip: fitness center - they don't have one - but you can go to Hotel Healdsburg - under renovation or...
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 22, 2012

From the moment we pulled up, the hotel staff never missed a beat. The valet was courteous and helpful! The check in was quick and again, they were delightful. The hotel is just slick! The rooms are fantastic and well thought out with perfect closet storage and shelving throughout the room. Great shelf under tv that goes length of the room - genius - perfect for keys, wallet etc... Free water bottles with water refills in the room frig. Comfortable beds and pillows. The shower was spectacular with an open plan and rain shower head - definately felt like I was outdoors. Only hitch and this is minor was they charged $15 to make a King into two twin beds. Silly charge. Location is fantastic so close to the square it was amazing. We didn't have a long stay so we couldn't take advantage of the pool or bikes but they looked inviting!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Was not looking for a bed and breakfast and was finding hotel options somewhat limited. This hotel is part of the Healdsburg Hotel group and it was perfect! Located just a bit down from the main square, this was a cute, modern hotel with a decent price tag. Fairly quiet ( they have wood floors, so could occasionally hear the people above us) spacious room with a comfy bed. Shower was a little crazy, it drained right to the floor in the European style, but it was fun and actually didnt make too much of a mess. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for the top floor as you can hear the people above you walking sometimes. Its not too bad...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bailey92101
New York
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I liked this hotel. The decor is modern. The rooms were a bit on small size but nice nonetheless....with a great shower and lovely shampoo and conditioner products. Nice clean cut design. Beds were comfortable. The pool was pleasant. The lounges look attractive, and are comfortable but hard to get out of if you are over 16 since they are very low. There was only 1 umbrella open and no one really around to ask for help to open others.

Breakfast was included in the cost of the room and was quite nice. A continential breakfast is spread across the bar area. Coffee was excellent and both paper and ceramic cups are available. The granola and yogurt was gourmet....excellent, and I am very picky about granola and yogurt. There were some danish and hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels, fruit, meats, juice, ect. We visited in May and the restaurant glass walls were open which was a nice atmosphere each morning. Newspapers available.

The location was great....can walk to everything in the heart of Healdsburg.

Seltzer, Cold Water and Warm Water available from a fountain in the lobby in cups or glass bottles.....which was nice but it took me a while to figure out how to use and which type of water came out of each.

The Bar is fun and seems always full. Good drinks. My only comment to the management is that when you say you open at 5, then be ready to serve drinks at 5. Don't say at 5:15 that you can only get wine and beer because the other bar tools are still soaking. Other than that, good service at the bar.

This place kinda grew on me the longer I was there. The staff was helpful when you asked...but I might also suggest that they could be a bit more attentive....could use some training on how to act glad to see you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
#7 of 9 in Healdsburg
Farmhouse Inn
Farmhouse Inn
#1 of 2 in Forestville

Been to H2 Hotel? Share your experiences!