“Could not have been better!”

Wine Country Journeys LLC
Ranked #3 of 27 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided small group wine tasting tours throughout Sonoma County's beautiful Wine Country. Enjoy an unforgettable day while you visit a minimum of four small family owned or boutique wineries in the northern Sonoma wine regions of the Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley and Russian River Valley - up around the historic town of Healdsburg. Our wine educators/guides will introduce you to the wines, wineries, and vineyards of Sonoma County - perfectly blending education with entertainment. Tours stop at a gourmet deli where you may purchase a fresh lunch that we take to the next winery and eat picnic style. We keep our groups small - 8 guests or less and we always cover the tasting fees!
Athens, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Could not have been better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I went to Healdsburg in early August, and booked a Wine Country Journeys tour w/ Amanda and Jerry. Quite simply, this was the best, most informative, fun, and well-coordinated tour of any kind I've done. I emailed them regarding availability and Amanda responded to me within minutes and was very helpful. The night before the trip, Amanda called my cell phone (as she promised she would) to let me know the 15-minute window in which Jerry would pick us up. Jerry was precisely on time the next day. The van was clean and comfortable. Jerry was incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and informative. Jerry took us around to 4 different wineries. At each one, the owners clearly knew Jerry and you felt like you were getting some special treatment and attention because you were with Jerry. Having WCJ pay the tasting fees for you was very nice. There was no pressure to purchase bottles if you did not want to, but if you did, Jerry would help you with carrying the bottles, purchasing, and storing them. Jerry even answered all our questions regarding shipping wine to the east coast versus flying back with it. We stopped at Dry Creek General Store so that we could pick up lunch and ate at the fourth winery. It ended up being about a 6 hour trip from about 10:30 in the morning to about 4:30 in the afternoon, which was perfect. There is a reason that Wine Country Journeys has nothing but 5 star ratings!

Visited August 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Such a fun day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We enjoyed our afternoon with Wine Country Journeys immensely!! Jerry was a fantastic host all day and he made sure we stayed hydrated, fed & happy... he really takes care of everything. His relationships with the wineries is evident and it made the experience feel more personal. We had such a fun day and will definitely be giving Jerry a call again the next time we're fortunate enough to be in the area!! It is absolutely worth the cost of the tour... had we been on our own, I have no idea how we would have gotten around or chosen where to go. There are soooo many wineries in the area, Jerry made it easy and and took all of the guesswork out of it.

Visited August 2013
Carpintera, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Glad we picked Wine Country Journeys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This tour lived up to the good reviews I had read at Tripadvisor. If you REALLY like wines you should enjoy discovering new wineries and vintners in Sonoma County. Jerry, our guide, did a fantastic job, both educating us about the region and the particular wineries we visited on our tour. You get very personal service which I think is worth the price.

1 Thank Carpwalker
St. Louis, MO
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Couldn't have been better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My cousin and I joined one of the shared group wine tours. We were part of a group of 8 women who spent a Saturday driving around with Jerry. We stopped at four of the smaller wineries in Sonoma County. Three of the four wineries we visited were terrific. The other one was just ok. I did end up buying at least a bottle of wine from each of the wineries we visited. Over all the 8 women on our tour bought about 7 cases of wine.

Jerry was great. Because of the relationships he has with the wineries, especially the small ones, we had the best time! It is clear that Jerry has the knowledge and experience to make these trips both informative and extremely fun. You can tell he loves what he does.

Urbandale, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sonoma County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in wine country. Jerry picked us up in Sonoma and provided us, along with two other couples, a delightful day visiting four wineries. Each was unique and well-chosen by Jerry, who was so knowledgeable and interesting as he took us from one spot to another during our trip. Wine Country Journeys is absolutely the BEST in our book, as we lost our camera somewhere that day with all the pictures from our anniversary trip. Just when we had given up hope of ever getting our camera (and more importantly, our pictures) back, Amanda (Jerry's wife) called us several days later back home in Iowa to tell us our camera had been found at a restaurant in Sonoma. With their help (and others'), we now have pictures to match our wonderful memories! The entire experience with Jerry and Amanda has been top-notch in every way! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND WINE COUNTRY JOURNEYS!!

1 Thank Kristy S