“Delicious, Inexpensive and Unpretentious”

Taqueria El Sombrero
Order Online
Ranked #31 of 105 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were recommended this place by a Healdsburg resident, so we went for lunch. The menu is comprehensive, we settled on 2 fish tacos with beans, rice, guacamole and sour cream for about $12.00. Once we sat down we were given salsa, corn chips and a spicy sauce complimentary to enjoy with our beers before our meal arrived. As we had only ordered one meal, once it came we were offered another plate which we really appreciated. The salsa & sauce offered earlier was also put over the taco's to spice them up a bit more. So in summary, super fresh food and lovely service. If you order a burrito be aware that it's a huge serving.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (90)

Reviewed August 22, 2019

The food was definitely authentic Mexican but the flavors were very bland. I had the chicken tacos plate and the rice, the beans, the taco, everything tasted the same. My sister had the burrito with rice and beans, again, no flavor, now I love hot Mexican food but did not get any here. My brother had fajitas which he ate all of it but there was no sizzle, no wow factor to the food.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 15, 2019

My wife and I were looking for good, quick food after a day of wine tasting and relaxing. Not wanting to get dressed up, we found this place and are grateful we did. The quality was top tier and portions were large. We had enchiladas and tacos with rice and beans and couldn't finish it. I topped it off with a Coke from Mexico - and yes you can taste the difference!

You order from the front and the food is brought to you. I highly recommend while in Healdsbug.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 18, 2019

This place was recommended to us and weren't disappointed! It isn't a warm/inviting atmosphere but that's not important to me. I like authentic food and this is the place. Additionally, the prices are reasonable and the portions are large. Stop here and you won't be sorry!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 10, 2019

This is a great, very large burrito that is more than I can eat in one sitting. The kids burrito is much more manageable! Spring for the black beans as they are excellent.

Date of visit: May 2019