“Guides make it a great day for me!”

Segway of Healdsburg
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
Russian River Valley or Dry Creek Valley Wine Tour by Segway
Ranked #11 of 27 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide guided Segway tours in Sonoma County CA. We tour beautiful vineyards, rolling hills, country-side, and Redwood Forests. You will not be disappointed.
Kenwood, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Guides make it a great day for me!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I'm 62 and have some weakness in my legs and knees. Was pretty scared about trying a Segway... OK, I was sure I'd quit before we ever left the training parking lot (pic location). Not so! Josh put me at ease right away and was right there for me being encouraging and giving me great instruction. The ride was a blast and the wineries we visited were great choices. I was smiling and comfortable on the segway within 10 minutes of 'take-off'. I will definitely go again with friends that visit us in Kenwood. Healdsburg is a great town and the tour was relaxed and a blast. Thank you Josh and West for making the day for the 6 people on the tour yesterday.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Beth B

Clifton, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great way to see wineries”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went on this trip to learn to ride a Segway and visit some smaller, boutique wineries. We were not disappointed! Our guide, Josh, was great with instruction and made it easy. The wineries had great wines to taste and some fun challenges for a Segway. We had a great time!

Visited September 2013
Baltimore
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We've been on segways before, so we didn't need a lot of instructions...just a refresher course. We were on the Wine Tasting Deluxe tour, where we had the choice of going to one winery and enjoy the tasting leisurely, or going to two and being rushed. The group opted for one in that it was really hot that day. It was very enjoyable, and our segway guides/instructors were very knowledgable, as well as funny.

A huge caveat, though, is that the website says in plain English that you get either lunch or a snack (depending on the tour option). We didn't get either one. We asked our guide at the winery about it and he said not on that tour. Thankfully, we weren't starving. I contacted the tour company afterwards and got a nicely worded response that they'd look at the website and clarify what's offered and when. To date that hasn't happened,

Just be aware what you're signing up for and what you're getting for it. The website is still not helpful on this...call them if you have to.

Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Have a blast in the Russian River Valley”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife and I had wanted to try a Segway tour for awhile and, wow, why did we wait so long. Josh and Ben were excellent, giving each of our group expert instruction on the use of our Segway (mine was Pinot Noir). We felt totally comfortable when we got out on the road and our safety was of paramount importance to Josh and Ben. Ben took lots of pictures which we are looking forward to seeing. I think we will be doing the Armstrong Redwoods tour in the very near future.

Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Never before ... but certainly again!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Relaxed, convivial, adventuresome ... the tour and guides were just right! Arriving at the meeting spot, my friend Angela and I were impressed as we observed Jordan and Remy taking a very appropriate amount of time with each guest individually. They each kindly and patiently gave instructions step-by-step on how to comfortably and responsibly ride the segway.

Once we were all feeling competent and mobile, we ventured down the road, single-file, gliding off to our first wine tasting at off-the-beaten path friendly small proprietors in the Russian River Valley area. Our group was small (7) and some of the guests chose to simply enjoy the segways and afternoon - and forego the wine tasting. I wasn't one of them! I enjoyed all three elements of the day as well as our guides, the wineries and the cute little town of Healdsburg thereafter.

All-in-all, a unique and pleasant adventure that we recommend highly.

Visited August 2013