“A Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of L & M Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Healdsburg
L & M Motel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
“A Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I am always attracted to quaint, my husband not so much. I managed to convince my husband to stop in at this charming motel. What a gem in a world that not many places of this caliber still exist. The rooms are extremely clean with modest modern décor-not fancy just right. The grounds are impeccable with whimsical décor and splashes of color. The owners are very accommodating, helpful and the nicest people you could ask for. Their daughter and her dog Zeus are a wonderful addition to the hospitality of this establishment, I wish I could say that about my American Bully, Lucy. She recommended a delightful restaurant just what we needed after a long days drive. The fresh rosemary sprigs in the bathroom was a nice touch, I have a plant in my backyard, I cut some as soon as I got home to try to have some of my amazing experiences of our trip last a little longer. I forgot to mention I have never reviewed anything online before, but felt compelled to give this wonderful establishment the publicity it deserves.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Johnna M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

This sweet little motel reminded me of when I used to vacation with my grandparents in the 70's. We were greeted by Wanda, the great granddaughter of the folks who built the motel. Wanda is as sweet as she can be and prepares a very nice little breakfast each morning for her guests-the scones are delicious! The rooms are simple and clean. We slept quite well and although the motel is right off of the freeway, it was very quiet. Downtown Healdsburg is a quick walk around the corner making this motel a real deal on your pocketbook while being close to shopping and wine tasting. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were in room 17 which was off to the side and more private.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tmboc
Frisco, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I would not want to stay anywhere else in Healdsburg. Wanda is an amazing host and I could tell she really enjoys taking care of her guests. Wanda went so far as to email me with recommendations for restaurants prior to my stay. The rooms are very well taken care of, extra clean, and super comfortable. The hotel grounds are very relaxing with lots of lounge chairs and even a wood-burning fire pit which was lit at night. I enjoyed the small indoor pool, the hot tub, and sauna. The continental breakfast was great and as others have said Wanda's blueberry scones are maybe the best ever. Wanda even provides trays so you can take breakfast items to your room or to the table outside. Most of all I enjoyed talking with Wanda and hanging with her super cool dog Zeus. If you are visiting Healdsburg and looking for something just a bit off the beaten path and low key, then this is your place. The price is right and the location is convenient to downtown which is only a short walk. Thanks Wanda you made my stay in Healdsburg...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank palancar87
Stratford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Tired of the same old same old? This gem of a place is family run, since the 40's, and although updated, retains the quaint feel of an old fashioned motel, complete with fire pit, where you can meet other travellers, and many wooden lounge chairs, among the trees and flowers. Home-baked scones for breakfast....yum. Private, and quiet, although just a few minutes walk from downtown. We stayed an extra night just to unwind, and met fellow Canadians, and a wedding party, who of course, included us in their celebrations. It was a trip back in time. Safe and fun. Great little market minutes away. Bring your wine, and just relax. When was the last time you heard that?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathleen W
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

What an adorable little inn. Don't let the retro motor-lodge layout fool you. L&M is lovingly cared for, with beautiful gardens, spacious and clean rooms, comfy linens and a wonderful indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. It's also a five minute walk from downtown Healdsburg, so you can taste all the wine you want without having to drive anywhere. Let me tell you, L&M is a find!

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NetDiva
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

The review are true! It's kitchy but cool! If you want something, just ask! Wanda is a wonderful host! I wanted a fire one night and was told it was "too cold" for a fire and within 5 mins Wanda called my room and had started a great fire! The pool area is great! The beds are very comfy, however some rooms are quite small! My only suggestion would be to change out the shower head in room 2 or 3, can't remember! Check out the mexican restaurant just down the street to the right and across the street! It is awesome and authentic, just no margaritas.

Room Tip: Go for the back rooms as they are much larger
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

It is clean, well appointed, and well located. Who ever did the rooms did a great job. I think my favorite part was hardwood floors instead of the usual dirt colored carpet. I get so tired of walking into a motel/hotel and wondering if my feet will stick to the awful carpet, that clean wood floors were wonderful! I do agree that the price is steep especially out of season. We were there for New Years and payed extra for a holiday only to find that most of the wineries were shut early on New Years Eve and entirely on New Years Day, so we paid more and were able to do less. Oh well, live and learn I guess. What you do get is an attractive, clean, modern room in a cute, quiet motel close to some spectacular wine country.

Room Tip: We asked for a got a renovated room, but they all may be updated, not sure.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple