“Best Part of Our Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Healdsburg Area Winery Tours

Healdsburg Area Winery Tours
Ranked #13 of 27 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Private six hour wine tours for 2-6 traveling together are customized to client wine preferences & destination interests-- or leave the choices to us as knowledgeable guides.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Part of Our Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Sonoma County for a few days with another couple. The first thing we did was a wine tour with Gene from Healdsburg Area Wine Tours; it was the best part of our trip! Gene took us to his favorite spots and was so knowledgeable. He was very accommodating and it is definitely the way to go if you want to visit a few wineries. He let us take our time, and was well known by the staff at the places we stopped at. It was obvious he is very respected and the affection towards Gene resulted in great hospitality from the wineries toward our crew! We can't wait to go back and take another tour with Gene.

Visited September 2013

NYC, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Wine Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Gene Warren, of Healdsburg Area Winery Tours, is a Pro. I know a bit about wine and told him what I was interested in. We then collaborated on a great 5 winery day with lunch at Williams-Selyem, a fabulous winery. Gene's knowledge of the various wineries and the region in general made the day informative as well as entertaining. I know that there are other very good wine tour companies in the area but the next time I'm in the Healdsburg area, I'll be calling Gene.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Excellent, Friendly, Professional, You Can't Go Wrong...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I have been to wine country twice together and both times we used Gene. He is excellent and a must for touring wine country. He is incredibly professional and friendly, perfectly priced, and incredibly knowledgeable. If you're looking for a great experience, Gene should be your first call.

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Another Excellent Day with Gene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you are looking for a tour of the wineries around Healdsburg and the surrounding areas, do yourself a favor and book a day (or two) with Gene. This was our 2nd trip with Gene and apparently he and Debbie have a number of repeat customers who go with Gene every time they visit. For the same price you would pay to tour with a group of strangers visiting wineries chosen by the tour company, Gene will take you on a private tour of wineries you choose. With his extensive knowledge of the area, he is also happy to choose wineries for you. In fact, I highly recommend letting Gene choose at least 1 or 2 places for you as he is sure to know of some special places that you have missed. For instance, this time we wanted to focus on Zins from Dry Creek Valley. Gene suggested Ridge which we had never heard of. Not only did we really enjoy the wines there, but we loved the whole tasting experience on their lovely outdoor patio.

Gene also knows people in many of the tasting rooms and some will offer you a free tasting and maybe a discount on your purchases because you are with him. Plus he knows great places to pick up picnic fare and scenic wineries with nice eating areas. Gene even knew what time the UPS store in Healdsburg closed so we could be sure to get there in time to by a wine shipper for our flight home in the morning.

Thanks Gene and Debbie for another great day!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"A great wine tasting experience"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I highly recommend this tour with Gene. He's a fabulous tour guide. He has a warm smile, very friendly disposition, and a wealth of knowledge about the area. My wife and I enjoyed the day visiting 9 great wineries and the warm and friendly locals in the Healdsburg area. He worked with us to customize our tour, and the personal touches were amazing, from the bottles of water, to the coolers to store our purchases, and helping us figure out how to get all of our wine home. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves during our stay in Healdsburg and plan to come back for another visit and calling Gene. Thank you for a fantastic day!!!