“Wonderful Wine Country Tour!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Healdsburg Area Winery Tours

Healdsburg Area Winery Tours
Ranked #13 of 27 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Private six hour wine tours for 2-6 traveling together are customized to client wine preferences & destination interests-- or leave the choices to us as knowledgeable guides.
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful Wine Country Tour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and i just returned from the wine country. Gene took us on a tour of the area one day and it was amazing. Gene was so knowledgeable of the area and the industry and we learned a lot. I did not give Gene very much with regard to where we wanted to visit only that we wanted to see more unique and interesting vineyards rather than those with which we are already familiar. Gene more than delivered and exceeded our expectations. We visited Hanna Alexander Valley, Lancaster Estate, Chalk Hill, Sonoma Cutrer (No tasting), Lynmar Estate, and Silver Oak Cellars Alexander Valley. We were treated as VIPs at each winery and tasted many wines available only through the winery directly. We purchased a few bottles and Gene was able to help us have them shipped back home.
Making the reservation was so easy. And, Gene picked us up from our hotel for our tour and delivered us safely back after an over the top day. My husband and I will visit Healdsburg again and hope that Gene is available for another wonderful day of wine touring.

Visited June 2012

Savannah, GA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Day with Gene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and I recently went on a day-long winery tour with Gene and enjoyed it immensely. We'd specified two wineries to visit, and he picked the other four - we appreciated Gene's input and expertise in the area. Gene obviously has a great relationship with the wineries in the area, as we received tours and discounts that we did not notice other patrons receiving. His car came equipped with water, a cooler for our purchases, and another one for the picnic lunch we picked up before starting out on our day. HAWT is also very competitively priced for the area. When we return to Healdsburg, we will definitely schedule another day with Gene!

Visited June 2012
Media, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I had such a wonderful experience in Northern Sonoma Valley with Gene. His personality was very warm, caring, and comical. He personalized the tour for us based on our likes (both wine and experience desired). I could not have been happier with his selections. I felt like a local in the area due to Gene's presence and respect in the area- we certainly got special treatment at some of the wineries with a free tasting (also bring your Visa Signature card for free tastings at many wineries). Gene also took many pictures for us. I also liked that he interacted with us, yet also gave us privacy. He is so knowledgeable about the area and you can tell he truly loves what he does and he's not doing this just to make money. I highly recommend Gene if you want a great experience in Sonoma Valley!! I will certainly hire him again when I return to the area.

Visited May 2012
Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fabulous day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband & I like to drink wine, but we aren't too knowledgeable. From the moment Gene picked us up at our hotel (which was right on time!) we were put at ease. Gene is friendly, extremely knowledgeable about the area and wineries, and is very well respected by all the vinyard owners. The wineries he chose were excellent (we left that up to him), the wine plentiful & delicious, and the staff were warm, friendly, and they seemed to have great relationships with Gene. Gene also knows the importance of a good photo-op, and always made sure he snapped quite a few photos of us at each stop. I would recommend booking with Healdsburg Area Winery Tours to anyone looking for a private, more personalized tour. We came home with 16 bottles of excellent wine, and great memories! Thank you Gene, we can't wait to come back!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank MarlaJan
Circle Pines, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice tour- relaxed guide (HAWT)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Gene(the owner) is a long-time local who is well-respected (and more importantly, well-liked) among local vinyard owners.

He was on time and picked us up from our hotel . We're not well versed on wines and he didn't talk down to us or make us feel like we were annoying him with questions.

Overall, a relaxed and enjoyable time. Would do this again if ever in the area.

Visited March 2012