“Wasn't as good as the first time”
Review of Scopa - CLOSED

Scopa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2009

We went in 9/08 with relatives the first time. The homemade ravioli and the special of the day, steamed clams, were the best I ever tasted. My husband and I went again 3/7/09 and had a different experience. It's a very tiny restaurant and always crowded. We sat at a "high" table with very uncomfortable chairs next to the bar (very loud). Homemade bread (very good) was served with a tangy olive oil. No salt and pepper on table and had to ask for balsalmic vinegar. Spinach salad was very good, but my husband's ravioli alone were very good but the marinara had no flavor. My gnocchi were like little cloud puffs but were served in a thick chicken broth that was also flavorless. Had to ask for parm cheese. It was my birthday, so my husband mentioned it to our server. They brought out a complimentary ice cream with espresso and gave it to my husband and gave me a slice of dense chocolate cake with a candle. The ice cream was superb but I don't really like rich cake. We got the bill and was charged $7 for the cake. My husband had already paid the server and we didn't want to wait to have the owner come over to adjust the amount. We thought the service was under par and being served cake that wasn't ordered was unprofessional.

1  Thank selzanelli

Reviewed February 19, 2009

As visitors, we were not aware of how early restaurants close in this part of CA. The staff at Scopa went out of their way to accomodate us at 10PM (everywhere else closed) and were wonderfully friendly. The dinner was awesome! One was a chicken dish that literally fell off the bone and melted in your mouth. Definitely somewhere we will visit again when we come back.

Reviewed January 26, 2009

I ate at Scopa over the holidays and I loved it!!!! It was so yummy. It can be really hard to get a reservation though. It is very cute and intimate and the chicken dish was to die for. I also loved the mozerella cheese app. You have to go!!!

Reviewed January 6, 2009

We live in Healdsburg and have only now gone to Scopa...Due to the huge number of tourists it can be difficult to get into restaurants in the town square in the warmer months...I have to admit to us it was at best an average experience...The appetizers were good ...The entrees were less than stellar...especially when we consider the other choices in the area...when compared to other Italian fare in some of our favorite restaurants in counties Napa , Sonoma , Marin and San Francisco it was disappointing...I know its all based on opinion and tastes , but for us it was not a night that we will be longing to repeat.

2  Thank gypsiegirlz
Reviewed November 24, 2008

definately my favorite reseraunt i loved the woment that owned the resteraunt with her husband! shes so nice and friendly! the food is the best, especially the tomato mazarella! oh and the desserts are out of this world-try them!