“Third time is a charm!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Scopa
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“Third time is a charm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Our third time at Scoopa's. each time has been spectacular. Friendly staff, incredible food, great fellow diners. Favorite place in Healdsburg. You might try multiple appetizers in lieu of entry. Great creativity. You can't go wrong here.

Visited September 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Great little Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Scopa after trying to get in for a few nights - it's very popular and for good reason. It buzzes with people enjoying themselves, and while there were people lined up to eat, we did not feel rushed to finish and move on.
The service was excellent, waiting staff friendly and intelligent.
The food was also excellent - we shared a wonderful fig starter, and then shared a great pizza, accompanied by a local wine of course. Sharing is encouraged - a practice some restaurants charge extra for.
I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Boston
“Almost Italy at Scopa - highest mark”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Scopa does high quality basic dishes w intense flavors. The pizzas are brick oven and they tasted just like those found in Italy - the pastas are fresh, the tomatoes in the salad are vine ripe to perfection, the food not too heavy and overly salted. We went to four restaurants in Healdsburg and this was our favorite one. If you want Italian food, check out Scopa- get a pizza, get a pasta , split it and you will leave singing "mamma Mia"

Visited August 2013
new york city
“Delightful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Could not have been more pleased. This resto encourages sharing, my favorite way to eat. We had a terrific, tender grilled calamari appetizer and then a pizza margarita. Service was excellent. Although I had made a reservation several weeks earlier, they graciously accepted my last minute request for a later time. I was really surprised they were so accommodating when I saw how busy they were. One "bone" to pick. Although I'm sure it is excellent, they charge for bread. On the other hand, I should welcome that as a calorie saver - we didn't order any! Does it look like restaurant in Italy as others have suggested? Don't think so but it looks right at home in wine country. Wish it were closer!

• Visited August 2013
New York, New York, United States
“Good atmosphere but food missed the mark”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We ordered the rib eye for two. It took about 30 minutes between our appetizer (meatballs - great) and the steak. We had one of the last reservations, so it's not like the restaurant was crowded. I was excited to try this, as it's one of their known specialties. When it arrived I was surprised to find the entire steak was charred. It was cooked properly on the inside but had an overwhelming burnt flavor. The accompanying potatoes and salad were very nice. The Italian wine selection was good as well. It's possible we just ordered the wrong thing.

Visited August 2013