“Fun place and delicious pasta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Scopa

Scopa
Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Honolulu
“Fun place and delicious pasta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We did not have reservations, so we went early and waited for the restaurant to open at 5:30. We were two of only six people to get seats at the bar (very small), which are available first come, first served. We had two delicious pasta dishes that were passed around two share with other bar patrons (we all started off as strangers). Every Wednesday is Wine Wednesday when a winery is featured. Representatives present their wine and discuss it. The night was a lot of fun. Can't wait to go back again!

San Mateo, CA
“FANTASTIC!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

As others mentioned...this is a very small restaurant. To snag a table you can make reservations 30 days in advance or chance it and put your name in that night for a table or service at their small bar. We've seen people line up there at 5pm to get in when the doors open at 5:30. We had a 7:30 reservation and were seated at a high top table for two. Perfect. The Food is so delicious. We started with whole wheat polenta with fontina cheese. Came in a small iron skillet steaming hot and oh so good. Shared a wonderful beet/goat cheese salad and we both ordered the special....pappaardelle with a wonderful ragu. Typically I don't like that noodle ... but this was homemade, thin and cooked to perfection. We are still talking about our dinner. No room for dolci. The one minor complaint is that they charge for bread....but is was only $3. It was a delicious homemade ciabatta loaf perfect for two. Service was excellent. YES, we will return and hopefully soon!

Yorktown Heights, New York
“One of the best in wine country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Dined here last week on our long weekend in wine country. We'd been to Scopa once before and decided to give it a second try since our first experience was fantastic. We were not disappointed! We were lucky enough to get our "own" table as there are a few bar type tables along the left as you walk in. The tables on the other side are definately close together and could be distracting but I guess we got lucky. We shared a fried vege appetizer special (brocolli, butternut squash) which was great. I got the beet goat cheese salad which was a masterpiece. I'm a bit fan of both goat cheese and beets so I order this type of thing often but this was just perfect. Arugula paired with beets and crusted goat cheese...super delicious. My husband got a seafood salad which was also perfect. Since we were coming off a day of tasting we decided to get a half bottle (of which they have a decent selection) and it was perfect. They offer water infused with lemon and I think we drank 3 bottles of it. We just couldn't get enough. The waiter refilled my water exactly when it needed to be filled an never complained about bringing extra bottles (without us asking I might add). This is really a fabulous - albeit tiny - place with fantastic food and service. It's our favorite in this area!

San Francisco, California
“amazing experience all around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

The chicken is sooo good and the service wonderful. I've been here a few times and always consistent and reasonably priced.
This spot is truly special.

Visited February 2013
new york
“Excellent food and service BUT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Food is interesting and excellent. First time i've seen broccoli as an appetizer choice and it was delicious. Service is very professional. Would I go back? Probably not. I was sitting closer to the strangers on my left and right than to my dining partner across the table. The nearby conversations were very annoying and the general din was very unpleasant. The only tables for two that might be acceptable are the high ones against the wall.

• Visited January 2013