“OMG: Worst hotel in 15 years: Unheathly, rude, spray paint in hall!”

Americas Best Value Inn Hayward
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Merced, California
“OMG: Worst hotel in 15 years: Unheathly, rude, spray paint in hall!”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

After returning to our room on the third floor we walked out of the elevator to find painters tarp on the floor, painters spraying paint while smoking, along with fire alarms and exits signs covered. We went to to the clerk, they were very rude and infomed us that if we checked our it didn't matter because they already got their money from Yahoo travel since we booked online. I should have stayed away after seeing the mixed reviews of unhealthy conditions (I guess seeing is believing......Do yourself a favor, spend a few dollors more and get a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Do go there
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Gary N
Paresh G, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Hayward, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
We are sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced and we apologize for the conditions that you found when you arrived at our hotel. We are renovating to improve the quality and comfort of our Inn and hope that you will come back and see us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ventura,ca
Reviewed September 12, 2009

I was originally here on business for two days my company had to extend our trips so i thought I would extended my stay .I contacted the front desk for the total price.They stated to me they would call me back with the price and included the taxes. I was pleased with the price when they call me back and imediatley went down stairs and paid. At the time of check out , the front desk stated i had an outstanding charge for additional nights. this upsets me because every night our keys did not work and they had to re- issue us new cards by looking up our account . They were very unprofessional as well as decitful. I contacted the credit card company and verify the additional funds was charged. The front desk promise me they would have the manager contact me so I can discuss with him the extra charges prior to him charging my card he never called after several attempts. I have contacted an individual for council in regards to my money refunded . This is unacceptable, Please look the other way and keep searching before staying here, ,,,, This is Americas Worse Value Inn

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Hayward hotels

gulf coast/mississippi
Reviewed March 26, 2009

I found the hotel to be quiet decent for the price. The staff were nice and helpful. The room had a microwave and a decent size refrigerator for all my food. If ever back in town would definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Northern California
Reviewed August 1, 2008

I have never been in such an unhealthy hotel, ever. The hotel is an older establishment, which is fine. We had a non-smoking room and the hallway carpet was stained and reeked of smoke. Inside the room, one of the headboards was falling off the wall, there was black mold in the bathroom, the bath mat was dirty, the tub/shower was dirty, the sheets were either stained or dirty.

The stay was noisy (from hallway and rooms around us) and we did not feel safe going out alone or after dusk.

My autistic son had fallen asleep and it is not a good idea to wake him, otherwise we would have been OUT OF THERE. We were only there one night. When the front desk was informed we did not get any type of apology nor did they show any concern.

A letter has been written to the hotel with copies going to the local chamber of commerce, Better Business Bureau and the health department.

STAY AWAY from this location!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty, unhealthy...yuck
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank specialkidmom
Santa Rosa CA
Reviewed December 14, 2007

This is a 70's-era Super 8 that has been pressed into service for a few more years, with minimal painting and decorating. Although a bit worn and rough around the edges, this is a perfectly adequate place to spend the night, assuming you are a solo business traveller. Although there were some visible flaws in my third floor room, overall the appearance and cleanliness were at an acceptable level. Even though the hotel is located close to one of the busiest freeways in the Bay Area, the noise level was suprisingly low, so that even with the fan off I had a quiet night. Breakfast consisted of about ten chocolate muffins and coffee, that was it. I made my reservation online at the AAA rate of $52. For that price I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
abmartin9564
Reviewed December 3, 2007

The place wasn't bad for your money. It was decent and clean. There were no loud noises, even though it was not far from the freeway. The staff was nice and polite. Housekeeping came everyday. he breakfast wasn't much, but it could be worse. It wasn't far from the Union City shopping and eating area. Basically, nice location. I did not like that there were not many channels on the t.v. And the location of the sink. I would reccommend it to someone who needs a decent place for less money.

• Liked — Cleanliness and location
  • Disliked — cable
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco
#5 of 7 in San Carlos
#5 of 6 in Pacifica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Motel 6 Hayward
Motel 6 Hayward
#5 of 15 in Hayward

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Hayward? Share your experiences!