“Bad hotel, bad service, big lier”
Review of Heritage Inn

Heritage Inn
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Don't ever came here or make reservation throught hotel planner. Hotel is dirty, no toilet paper, asking the front desk 3 time for it but never got it. Booking 3 room for 3 night but can't stay more than 12 hours. Check out early on the morning and ask the front desk service for the refund of the 2 night of canceled, he said he canceled and no charge for the night I did't stay. But that a big liar, he nerver return my money. I call the hotel planner to complain and they said they will contact the hotel and give me an answer, but they never call me back. I have to call them 3 times and they said they can't do anything about this. Stay away from this hotel guys.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel, stay away from Hayward too, bad location. move down to san jose or milpit...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank henry t
Juan G, Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and we value your comments. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit. Please be assured the issues will be addressed and will be worked on. The property is under new management whom is working to improve the hotel overall. Thank you once again for taking time to provide your feedback.

Management

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm a cheap college student, so I've stayed in some questionable places. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to stay here. It was disgusting! I checked in alone and was terrified. I should have known it was a sketchy place when I had to sign a waiver saying I wouldn't stay more than 21 days. My neighbors were talking loudly outside my room. I heard someone say, ”why is she bleeding?” Then someone slammed up against my wall and I heard a woman say, ”don't you touch me.” This was followed by glass being shattered right outside my window... I was so scared and crying a friend of a friend who I'd never even met before came to pick me up at 11pm.

Now I'll describe the room. The chair was missing a cushion. The trashcan had graffiti on it. The pillows were clumpy with random pillow cases that didn't match. The ac unit was broken. There were random electrical cords all over. It was overall disgusting. I have no idea how this place is still in business.

I'm not sure if the pictures will still be up because I reported them. But all the ones that say ”provided by management” are FAKE! They are definitely not from the heritage inn in hayward.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent visit. Please accept our apologies for your inconveniences. The property is under new management whom will address and fix the issues you have listed. We are working diligently to improve our property for your comfort and enjoyment.

Management

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I know the title of my review is harsh but I can think of no other way to articulate the nightmare that I experienced at this place. I have traveled a fair amount at this point in my life and in that time I have been to some less than amazing places. However the Heritage Inn is BY FAR the WORST experience I've ever had traveling. I like to think I'm level headed in my reviews, I understand that there will be some bad and good at any place to you go, this place fails in every category.

First off it is located in a very shady part of town, we arrived at 2:00am after a long drive from Southern Cal. Upon arrival I attempted to walk into the lobby but the doors were locked, the clerk pointed in the direction of a window. So at 2am I'm am standing outside communicating with the clerk through a thick bullet proof glass window. She gives me the key and I proceed to WALK up three flights of stairs before I reach room 302. We get in and my 18 year daughter says 'Are you serious!' The place was a total wreck! Smelled of urine (not very strong) and vomit, the carpet was filthy, the walls were damaged, in the closet area was a ironing board with no cover just laying awkwardly against the wall. The bathroom was weirdly designed and dirty. So I immediately headed down to the front desk or service window and complained, she seemed hardly surprised that I was dissatisfied and offered me another room. I must say that she was very friendly and tried to be helpful. So I head back up three flights of stairs and head to room 307...the door would not even open. So I head back down stairs and the clerk give me a key to room 215, I open the door and this room was even more gross than the initial one we were in. I called around trying to find another hotel within a reasonable distance and no luck we were stuck so we braved it out until 7am and bolted!

Also while there it seemed that a lot of people, locals I presume just sort of hang out, I noticed two young men in particular making some sort of exchange which, I was raised in the inner city so I think one of them was selling drugs. There were a couple guys riding on bikes through the parking area and I thought my car would get broken into so I stayed up nearly all night at the window checking on it. At any rate this place should not be advertised ANYWHERE as a hotel as it is a complete and total dump! I was with my wife and 18 year old daughter for her college orientation and we did not feel safe. I am writing a letter to the website where I booked to beg them to remove this location from their site.

Room Tip: I had three different rooms and I don't think there's a chance you be able to find a decent...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank keithsam
Reviewed June 29, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Devon S
Neeraj L, Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2015

Reviewed May 15, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Old, worn, and damaged room. WiFi didn't work in lobby. People "hanging around" made me feel very unsafe. Clearly stated at check-in desk about no refunds, we left and stayed at a national chain hotel anyway. I should have read the reviews first!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank M G
Reviewed July 19, 2012

When my wife made the reservations they assured us there would be a microwave and a refrigerator in the room. I was traveling for work and was on a budget so had brought food from home to eat throughout the week. First night nothing, 2nd night got the microwave, never did get the refrigerator. When you call the 800 number to complain, you can't hear the person on the other line, it's strange how their reservation line is clear as a bell but the complaint line does not work. My shower didn't work my 2nd night there called the front desk, they said they would send someone right away. No one ever came. I fixed it myself. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business