“A little older, but comfortable”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel is a little outdated and the aroma in the air confirms that. It is right next to the Hayward Exec airport. The Oakland airport (OAK) is about a 15 minute drive up the interstate. The rooms appeared to be clean, but I think the age of the place kind of leaves you with a questionable feeling. It is a slightly larger La Quinta with several conference and meeting rooms. The bed was decent; did its job. Wasn't a terrible stay, but wasn't the greatest either.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bucs0535
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We agree the hotel is showing its age. We are in the process of a full renovation. I hope the next time you travel to Hayward you come see our progress.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is my second time staying at this location and both times were good with the exception of my last visit. There was mildew stains on the sheets that were on my bed and there was another customer who had two huge dogs and I had to wait for ten minutes for them to get on the elevator. I don't have a problem with animals, I just feel the should be a size limit to ensure the comfort ability of other guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for your response. I am sorry you had some issues while staying with us. I have forwarded your comments to my Housekeeping Manager, and she will make sure to discuss with her staff so something like this doesn't happen again. We hope you will give us another try next time you're visiting the Hayward area.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

So im here currently (10 June 14); checked in yesterday (Mon.) and im gunna be here till Sat., most likely. I checked in here, NOT because of the price - which is ridiculously high, NOT because of the customer service - which is hit and miss, i checked in here because i moved to Oakland at 2am on Mon., and after looking at hotels with nothing but Indian owners (think im being racist, email me and ill give you the names of the hotels and you can be the judge) and no one wanted to rent to me with my dogs; so after working for six hours (after being up since 2am and now its 6pm) i needed a place to stay, and fast. Since im moving to San Leandro and my work is in Castro Valley i thought, thought, that Hayward would be the best place to stay, nope.

Customer Service: Hit and miss, and i mean literally. One minute they are nice, the next they have an attitude.

Price: Nope! They explain it away as it's company policy; i know this isnt true, yes, for a fact, literally, this is a lie; if they tell you their price fluctuates on vacancy, you can see the brown in thier eyes and smell it on thier breath.

Room: I can hear it when my neighbors open and close thier doors, but not anything else, except for the A-hole upstairs, above me who keeps dropping stuff at 5am, and if i wasnt here to start a new life....nvm, im ranting. The room is old. The bathrooms look dirty even though they were supposedly just cleaned - i say supposedly 'cause it doesnt look that way, but then again, i could just be an anal-retentive clean freak, im not, but maybe im in denial. The TV is nice, the bed is 'eh, sheets are not "ribbed for my pleasure", but they are ribbed, yes, ribbed. There's working A/C and fan; i can open the window all the way and it smelt clean.

Neighborhood: It's a neighborhood, nothing more, nothing less, but it aint 'scary' as one reviewer stated.

Deposit: There's an automatic $100 deposit added to your bill, i dont know how that makes me feel about the clientele they are used to having. And this is for everyone, not just pet owners.

That's about it, it really is a 3 out of 5 stars, not great, but not bad, but definitely not what im used to at a La Quinta.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a very detailed review. I'm sorry you did not feel our staff was accommodating to your needs, I will defiantly address your concerns with our Guest Service Associates. In regards to our rate, I can assure you it is not a lie; La Quinta has what’s called dynamic pricing. It’s tiered pricing and is based on occupancy. The further out you book, the better rate you receive. We do competitive shop surveys in the area, and our pricing is inline with sister hotels in the area. Rate integrity is very important and we recognize that. We acknowledge that our rooms are tired, and we are excited to say we are approved and scheduled for a multi million dollar renovation starting very soon.

A La Quinta traveler
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 9, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel is very close to the airport and Chabot College. I have stayed there in the past and not had any problems, but on this last visit, the room I was in smelled like pet urine and mildew. Other visitors reported getting bug bites while sleeping. It is usually quiet, though, and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kari W

Thank you for your review. I am please to let you know that we start our multi million dollar renovation very soon. The whole hotel will be remodel! We hope you come back and see the finished produced. I'm so sorry your room was not up to par, I will discuss with our housekeeping staff, and use your feedback as a training tool.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Overall the stay here was pleasant but more attention needs to paid to the cleanliness of the rooms. Found a dirty washcloth in the shower one towel had a long black hair on it. Floors were not vacuumed properly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review, I am sorry your room was not ready for you when you arrived. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms, and you did not get to experience that. I have forwarded your review to our Housekeeping Manager so she can review with her staff, and reiterate the importance of attention to detail. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed and rode Bart to Oakland A's game . Was a great way to avoid stadium traffic. There is parking garage just east of Bart, there is also a Laquita in Dublin and a close by Bart to ride to stadium. Also Bart does go to San Francisco

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff G

We're so glad you had a nice stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We hope you come back and see our renovated property next time you visit the Hayward area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
La Quinta Inn Oakland Airport Coliseum

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!