“Starting to go downhill a bit” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport

La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Kennewick, Washington
“Starting to go downhill a bit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have had good stays at this place in the past, but it seems to be getting a bit rundown. We actually asked for a new room upon checkout and we never do that! (Very stained carpet, broken panel on air conditioning unit, screen askew off window and more.) The room we were moved to seemed to need love too...torn sheets, stains on bed skirt, lint and dust in the corners, knob off of cabinet, saggy bed. I think tour groups are getting to be this place's bread and butter and they are just not keeping the property up. Even the breakfasts did not seem as good and heaven help you if you are down eating when a tour group comes in to eat! Shark feeding frenzy! The staff is very nice and the common areas pleasant, but I think I might move on to another hotel next time I come to town.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay, ask if they have a newly refurnished room. Rooms on the back side of the hot...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am please to let you know that we start our multi million dollar renovation 4/1/14. The whole hotel will be remodel! We hope you come back and see the finsihed producted, as it is going to be beautiful!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Lorenzo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Whenever I go to the Hayward location the service I experience is excellent. They treat me like royalty. The room is always well kept and ready my arrival. The location & amenities are exactly what I need. I like the fact that they have breakfast and newspapers. I love their sitting area with a fireplace. It's even reasonably sectioned off if you'd prefer a little privacy. I wish the pool was available longer. My children love to swim. My friends, family and clients all enjoy the Hayward location. Its like a second home to me and my family. And as for my Clients, they are truly expressed and it makes me look good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Erica C
Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again very soon.
Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Our tour company booked us here for our 2 day stay in the Bay Area and was intended to serve as a base for covering SFO and San Jose.. Though far and we were pretty miffed to be kept at such a distance, we quickly found out this isn't a bad place to be staying at after all.. The rooms are nice with the basics - comfy beds, well maintained bathrooms, refrigerator, coffee maker, MW oven - all in place.. The hotel provides a free shuttle service to the nearest BART station (you got to let them know at least 30mins beforehand though).. There is a Target store right across the road for picking up essentials quickly.. The reception is nicely done up (I thought the citrus flavoured water dispenser was a nice touch :) ) and there are brochures for stuff to do around which comes in handy for tourists like ourselves.. Also the breakfast spread was excellent.. Would definitely recommend this one..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AbhiBan
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey! It is always nice to hear about the positive experiences. We hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

we had a business trip to San Jose, but cannot find any one in 25 miles range. so company booked one about 30 miles away. the room is big, like a president suite. internet fast, room clean. service is good. breakfast is fantastic. only thing I do not like is the $1/paper printing fee (boarding pass print)

Room Tip: Review here is guideline
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey! It is always nice to hear about the positive experiences. I glad you enjoyed yourself.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This property has rooms that are quite terrible. Stayed here twice because I couldn't get a room at a price below $200 in Foster City/ San Mateo/ SFO airport area and decided to stay in Hayward so that I could take 92 across the bay.
Both stays which were in two different rooms leads me to believe that most of the rooms are in bad shape. In one room the grey colored carpet had literally turned brown and had a lot of spots on it. The bathroom tiles were broken/cracked in both bathrooms, the shower tiles had mold in the grout. The bedsheets were clean and so were the towels. The decor in the room is dated and antiquated but if it doesn't bother you then they are acceptable.
The staff was polite but the front desk needs to be a little more attentive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CaliTraveller891
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey, we appreciate the feed back. We apologize that your room was not up to par, and wanted to let you know that we are starting a full renovation 4/1/14. We are aware that the rooms are tired and outdated, but can't wait for you to see the new rooms package, its going to be amazing. I hope you'll give us another try the next time you travel to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Days Inn Hayward Airport
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!